Bug in or Bug out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!

Yes the home base is definitely the high ground. We can see 40 to 50 miles in 180 degrees. If I get up on the roof the view is 360 degrees.
We can hear a vehicle coming for miles away. It's peaceful place and the views still takes my breath away at times.
Nice, but in a really bad situation I doubt you would be able to get there. I don't care how big and bad your 4X4 is you won't get there.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think in a bug-out situation it's more important that you locate with friends/family or other people you trust. It depends on the nature of the bug-out and how long term the situation is. at the end of the day, when law and order no longer exists, power lies in numbers.
I plan on bugging in at my current location with a carefully selected group bugging out to join me. What you said about family/ friends and safety in numbers when no law and order exist is true. I'm on a self sufficient farm with livestock ( cows, chickens, goats and pigs) fish in the creek and pond. My group includes 2 with military experience, 1 law enforcement and a Doctor, all family.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on bugging in at my current location with a carefully selected group bugging out to join me. What you said about family/ friends and safety in numbers when no law and order exist is true. I'm on a self sufficient farm with livestock ( cows, chickens, goats and pigs) fish in the creek and pond. My group includes 2 with military experience, 1 law enforcement and a Doctor all family.
If ya don't have a greenhouse ya might put it on the list of wants.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If ya don't have a greenhouse ya might put it on the list of wants.
Thanks for the heads up but got that covered as well. Second one is going up when I have time, already have the material just haven't had the time. Between work and this place I keep pretty busy. Maybe when they fire me over this Covid mandate I will have more time.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up but got that covered as well. Second one is going up when I have time, already have the material just haven't had the time. Between work and this place I keep pretty busy. Maybe when they fire me over this Covid mandate I will have more time.
Pick up some of those orange gatoraide containers at atwoods that have 2 part powders in them as well. Have handy in case it goes walking dead. Know what I mean Vern.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I are in our 70s. Just for medical reasons, bugging out is virtually impossible - thereby making all other (however real, existing) reasons to "stay or go" moot. I've made the best possible (hopefully significant) preparations to stay home, and we must accept the limitations of that decision.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, but in a really bad situation I doubt you would be able to get there. I don't care how big and bad your 4X4 is you won't get there.
That is why I keep vigilant eye on what is occurring, but one never knows! All we can do is be like boy scouts.................be prepared!

Latest posts

Top Bottom