Building a website

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 weeks now
It may take quite some time to be indexed by the search engines, up to a month. Also it appears that your domain may not be pointed properly. The domain needs to be poiunted at the site, and once pointed your site hosting service needs to set up the "handshake" to make it visible. Once pointed in order to rank you will need an ssl certificate too. Google should have directions for their website hosting service. YouTube can be your friend here.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm showing that the dns records aren't up. No records, no website. You need an "A" record for your website in DNS in order to get people to your site.

First thing I'd do is copy the HTML from the Google site, put it on a local Notepad document, and buy an actual webhost, and paste the html into that. It gives you full control and lets you better figure out what's wrong when there's a problem.

I second this recommendation. Many times hosts will have a free site builder available as well or you can use one of the available content management systems.

I've used Hostgator and FastComet as a web host before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom