Building an AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostrider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know who I can ask to build an AR for me that’s not too expensive? I thought I would ask before I attempt to do it myself and screw it up, lol!
Thanks in advance!

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Boys in Mustang does AR-15 Build classes. You build it during class. Maybe someone who has taken their class could chime in. I build my first in a class setting with two friends at Mark's Firearms in Moore many years ago. Had a good time and was very educational too.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You can do it. Get a set of vise blocks, a roll pin punch set and an armorers wrench.
They are actually very simple and you'll know exactly what makes an AR tick when you are done.
Youtube(for a while) is awesome

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if you don't want to buy the tools shoot me a line and we can work something out and I can walk you through it. I have put two together so far with what I have at my place and put together some other stuff as well.

Building it yourself is well worth it though. Gives a much better understanding of the function, you control the parts, and quality control so things will be done right.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you buy an upper, you can build a lower with common hand tools. I did my first on the floor when I lived a mobile home with no work space. There are tools that make the lower easier, but they are not required. The upper requires special tools and a vise.

If you are interested in buying the tools, I would be glad to make some recommendations. I'm sure others would as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom