Building an AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You can do it, I built my first lower a couple weeks ago, it's so simple. Took less than 30 minutes and I think I could do it in way less time now. Video below makes it so simple.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built my first AR 15 last year and before I built it I machined out an 80% lower.
If you can follow directions you can build it.
But if you have issues getting a flashlight back together then someone beside you watching like a hawk would be best.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you change a tire? Read a book? Turn on your vehicles ignition? If you can answer yes to these questions then you can build it yourself. It will be fun and you will learn things you didn't know before.

Disclaimer: None of the tasks I mentioned have any thing to do with building a rifle, they are just tasks that we mens do sometimes.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you're out of range, but if you want to come up to Bartlesville, I'm always up for it. And anyone else up in this area, too.

I didn't do the build class this year, it's been a bit of a crazy year, but we really should do that this summer.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_4975.JPG
These guys are building one for me right now.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

Plenty of OSA guys in your area would of helped you build and saved you a lot of $. AR's are all just parts guns. Dudes legos. Built these 4 cheap a few months ago. Built myself plenty of high end ones also.

I'd help bout anybody, helps me with my BRD.

Last edited:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legally, technically, you need a class 7? mfr to build for someone.
Guys, don't fall into a trap.
Anyone can help YOU build your own,
very easy, but one can't be tooo careful nowdays

Latest posts

Top Bottom