Built 4 new ARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_4975.JPG
Had some extra parts laying around and some complete lowers. Built 4 new rifles. Couple twinkles and 2 pencil barrels. Stuff is so cheap right now it's crazy. Nothing real special just 4 inexpensive rifles to have laying around. Left is mid length pencil with MOE forearm. 2 middle are identical carbines and right is pencil with rail. All PSA uppers with Anderson lowers. Don't worry I got plenty of high end to make up for the cheap shooters I got.

Pencil barreled rifles are crazy light, gonna be fun to shoot.

Salad days are here folks, it's time to stack them deep.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very fun and easy till you drop the gas tube roll pin on the garage floor...

I bet that part goes to the same other "astral-spatial dimension" as all the itsy bitsy teeny tiny little springs that many of us have watched, almost in like...slow motion, as they shoot out from whatever part one should have had inside a plastic bag when it was disassembled, never to be seen again. I bet there's several pounds of little metal things lying hidden in various cracks, carpets, corners and so on around my house.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would do this kind of stuff if I had the money. Owning my own home now is a lot more expensive than I realized. You are right about everything being so cheap though. Glad to see it. Hopefully nothing comes along and ruins it. Those are nice looking rifles too.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet that part goes to the same other "astral-spatial dimension" as all the itsy bitsy teeny tiny little springs that many of us have watched, almost in like...slow motion, as they shoot out from whatever part one should have had inside a plastic bag when it was disassembled, never to be seen again. I bet there's several pounds of little metal things lying hidden in various cracks, carpets, corners and so on around my house.

Knock on wood... of all the ARs I have ever built, I have never ever lost a part. Well, not permanently, at least...

Once I bounced a buffer retainer spring somewhere and lost it in the trailer I was renting while working out of town. When I moved out of there something like a year later, I found it in the carpet when I moved some boxes I had never unpacked. Therefore.... still not lost! :D

BTW, I AM knocking on wood, right now...

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knock on wood... of all the ARs I have ever built, I have never ever lost a part. Well, not permanently, at least...

Once I bounced a buffer retainer spring somewhere and lost it in the trailer I was renting while working out of town. When I moved out of there something like a year later, I found it in the carpet when I moved some boxes I had never unpacked. Therefore.... still not lost! :D

BTW, I AM knocking on wood, right now...

Oh I found it about 5 mins later, I was dead in the water finishing the last rifle so I had no choice but to find it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom