Bulk .22 ammo & suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JeffSoward & I took the .22 cans (Spectre & Sparrow) to H&H today to see what they'd do. I had some bulk federal & some CCI Subsonics. Jeff Bought some CCI Std Velocity at the range. The bulk ammo was a little hot for the suppressors. It was quiet in the pistols (Ruger 4 1/2" & Buckmark 4") but was pretty loud in the rifles (5 1/2" & 8 1/2"). The CCI subsonic & std velocity both were great in the pistols & the rifles, very quiet. Looking at the CCI labels, there is only 20fps (1050/1070) difference between the two.

What do you use? what have you tried?
The paperwork that came with my sparrow reccomends CCI Std. & sub, as well as winchester & Remington sub.
It said not to use Aguilla SSS.
Any others that should be avoided?

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hum whats the deal with no SSS worried about not stabilizing? I was planing on shooting them through mine when I got it but was planing on using the converted ar upper so 1/9 twist. Any ideas other than that why it would not be recommended?

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's it exactly - most .22 barrels don't have an aggressive enough twist to get that long bullet to fully stabilize 100% of the time.

Yeah, my .22 upper uses a modified 10/22 barrel with a 1/16 twist. it's fantastic for std. boolits, but not them big dogs. I'll just stay away from the SSS, I don't need it anyway when the CCI works fine for me & is much cheaper. Now I just need to find a place to buy the CCI in bulk.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hum whats the deal with no SSS worried about not stabilizing? I was planing on shooting them through mine when I got it but was planing on using the converted ar upper so 1/9 twist. Any ideas other than that why it would not be recommended?

My booklet for my spectre specifically names ASSS :) as a do-not-shoot ammo through the can. It's the only one mentioned by name.
I will follow their recommendations. CCI std was phenomenal in both the ruger and the GSG SBR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom