Bulk CCI Mini-Mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious question, when it comes down to it and considering the price difference... what is the real advantage of using the more expensive CCI Mini-Mags @ 1,235 FPS over the Federal 550 ct bulk packs?

For targets & plinking, I use the copper plated Federal .22LR HP 550 bulk pack rounds in my M&P 15-22. They have 1,240 FPS at the muzzle and function just as well as the CCI mini-mags... I've never had a issue with them... and they are only $19 for a box of 550. Is there something I'm not seeing that makes the more expensive CCI brand better in this velocity range?

Now for hunting... I do load up with the CCI Stingers at the hotter 1,640 FPS. I also have some Federal Vipers that have about the same muzzle velocity.

Most of it has to do with reliability over a multitude of different platforms. In most any .22, CCI Mini-Mags just work.

I've also had good luck with Federal bulk, but I believe the CCI Mini-Mag HP is likely a superior hunting round. I don't have any hard data yet, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom