Bulk depriming with Lee APP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd really like to set up a dedicated decapping rig that I can use to run dirty brass through that will decap quickly. The Lee APP seems to be a option, but with the volume I'm wanting to do, the 4 tube collator seems to be inadequate. I've seen some videos online where people are connecting a case feeder (Dillon/Hornady/3D Printed) to their Lee APP and burning through large amounts of brass. I'd really like to set something like this up. Does anyone here have experience with the Lee APP. I know they are inexpensive, but for a dedicated decapping rig, I'm curious how it would hold up. I also LOVE my FWArms decapping die (thanks for the suggestion @Mad Professor), but I think it will be too tall with the factory handle. The Lee roller handle 'might' allow the FWArms die to fit, but it might also be a knuckle buster.

Just curious to see what other's thoughts are on the matter. I'm just waiting to keep all brass that goes through the Dillon clean, and I'm trying to avoid cleaning the brass twice (clean/deprime/clean again for primer pockets) in order to accomplish this.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Lee four tube on my progressive press. It works well until your tube gets a slight crimp. To go much higher may present an issue with loading. I use a dowel to add weight to the column and help move the casings through. Mine does like to miss feed every five or six but it is a great speed improvement to placing a single each time. IF you had a large collator and a good feed type similar to Dillon then I do see that as faster. Hope this helps!

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is funny but many parts do actually work on multiple vehicles. It just takes some referencing to know which parts are useable. Then order the VW part not the Audi or Porsche or some other.

had to pick on Geos, cannot sling poo at my Civic!

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had one since they came out. I just use the 4 tube collator on it since we got it. They are like any Lee product they take a little time getting setup but once you do they can haul ass through some brass. Mainly I run 38spl on mine but have done 223, 40 and 9mm with no issues. I would guess mine has between 30-40k pieces run through it over the last couple years. Have a couple buddies that bought them and used them after seeing mine. If I was changing calibers frequently I would just get an APP for each caliber so I didn't have to fuss with it once its setup. I have never looked into adding a case feeder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom