Bullet similiar to this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKBPS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled these bullets from some factory ammo. It shoots decent in the load I shoot. Does anyone know what bullet I could buy that is close to this one. I tried looking online but unless I am just not looking in the right place I cant find anything like this. Any help would be appreciated.

.308, 182grain, pulled from PPU matchline.

IMG_7177.JPG

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked around there are 180gr bullets out there for .308. The thing is I couldn't find anything that was FMJ. There are plenty of BTHP but I can't find any fmj in the 180-185gr

OKBPS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked around there are 180gr bullets out there for .308. The thing is I couldn't find anything that was FMJ. There are plenty of BTHP but I can't find any fmj in the 180-185gr

That is what I ran in to as well. Also could not find anything with a base like that.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I used the Nosler 175 gr custom competition it liked to be in the lands for best accuracy.
It was stupid accurate though.
I later went with the 178 A-Max and was able to pull it off the lands .005"

One of the best most accurate bullets I ever used in many .308 rifles is the 165 Game King HPBT
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010523065

It has a very long bearing surface and not a tiny boat tail.. it is short fat boat tail.
Kills the BC a bit but on paper to 300 yards you never notice that BC.

It is not real picky on land position either like the others.
Every .308 I shot it from grouped in small clover leaf groups and that includes strangers at the range that had store ammo.
I built them with 42gr 4064 or varget and 2.680 OAL.

Yea not a .308 that you are working with.
If it was mine I would try those.

OKBPS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas. These bullets have what I think looks like a hollow base and I was hoping to find a bullet that matched that as well as the FMJ BT. I will still keep the links in mind if I dont find an exact match to these.

Dumpstick, I am going to borrow a few .311 and see how they shoot. Maybe my group will get even tighter. I'll let you know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom