Bulletproof Backpack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, after a lot of talking and researching we decided to get our 14 year old son a backpack with two level IIIA panels in the backpack. The pack also has a zipper that splits it in half to become a protective vest. It isn't cheap and seems well made. My wife and i thought that if we talked about it and ended up not getting one and something did happen, we couldn't live with ourselves. We got him the Civilian One Model so it is less tactical looking. Lots of pockets and compartments. Anyways, just thought I'd share in case any of you were in the market.

http://leatherbackgear.com/tactical/

IMG_2143.JPG

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, after a lot of talking and researching we decided to get our 14 year old son a backpack with two level IIIA panels in the backpack. The pack also has a zipper that splits it in half to become a protective vest. It isn't cheap and seems well made. My wife and i thought that if we talked about it and ended up not getting one and something did happen, we could live with ourselves. We got him the Civilian One Model so it is less tactical looking. Lots of pockets and compartments. Anyways, just thought I'd share in case any of you were in the market.

http://leatherbackgear.com/tactical/

View attachment 114453

Great Idea and good for you being proactive.
I read a while back that all backpacks are equipped with a pocket in the back.
I've had a backpack in camo that I've used for 10 or more years designed for hunting.
Sure enough, there is a pocket in there that would hold a defensive plate, bought at cabellas.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Dennis. Those pockets are usually for iPads or laptops. Some can be used for water bladders, etc. I EDC a Northface backpack with the padded slots against the back panel and will be getting a level IIIA soft panel for my pack.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would contact the school to make sure it will be allowed.
At the same time, I would make sure he is allowed carry the backpack to his classes.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would contact the school to make sure it will be allowed.
At the same time, I would make sure he is allowed carry the backpack to his classes.
Ask as an anonymous parent. Also, I wouldn't start the discussion, I'd rely on current written "school rules." If it's not written, don't give them reason to look.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask as an anonymous parent. Also, I wouldn't start the discussion, I'd rely on current written "school rules." If it's not written, don't give them reason to look.

we check every bag that comes into our schools, in our district.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does your school have a definite rule against ballistic backpacks? Also, are you guys checking for weapons, drugs, test questions? We're you and your co-teachers given training on finding ballistic soft panals?

I'm honestly curious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom