Bulletproof Backpack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would it NOT be allowed? That seems crazy to not allow something to protect a student.

On the flip side...most if not all of these incidents are not done with pistol rounds. Better than nothing for sure, and your chances are certainly better in that circumstance, but when I read about these it seems they somewhat missed the mark.

Does your child know exactly what it is? I wonder if "kids will be kids" and tell his buddies. I could see it going either way.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does your school have a definite rule against ballistic backpacks? Also, are you guys checking for weapons, drugs, test questions? We're you and your co-teachers given training on finding ballistic soft panals?

I'm honestly curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
it does not matter if there is a written rule or not.
We do not work at Walmart, we have degrees.
By the way, I wore around ballistic armor for several years.
I am not attempting to have an argument with you, but if you keep asking stupid questions.
The OP is worried about his son, I am trying to help him do that. If he asks and they say it is fine, it is all good. If they say it could be used as a weapon then it is not. If they say it could hurt the educational environment, then it is not. His next step would be to go to the school board to ask for an actual hearing to decide if it should be allowed.
If he is still told that it is not allowed, then he can decide to get his kid suspended, so he can take the district to an actual court. In the end he could end up making the district a safer place for all of the students. That is the way the system is suppose to work. The one thing we love in any school is a parent that is working with us to help kids.

Your advice assumes we are somehow the enemy of the student. Every educator in our nation wants to do whatever we can to prevent any student from being hurt. Right now, we are hoping parents will get involved in improving our schools.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would it NOT be allowed? That seems crazy to not allow something to protect a student.

On the flip side...most if not all of these incidents are not done with pistol rounds. Better than nothing for sure, and your chances are certainly better in that circumstance, but when I read about these it seems they somewhat missed the mark.

Does your child know exactly what it is? I wonder if "kids will be kids" and tell his buddies. I could see it going either way.
What takes away from or improve the educational environment is up to the administration and ultimately the local schoolboard.
I am not saying it is a bad idea, I have actually been discussing this idea with my wife. I have a coworker that has a ballistic vest in his desk.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good idea to protect your kid. I have three panels out of LE vests in my EDC backpack (about 60 layers of Kevlar). LE vests are upgraded every 5 years so there are tons of these lying around. To get one- find a cop. Find a retired cop. Find a friend of a cop. Look on Craigslist, they pop up there every now and then. They show up at gun shows.
IMG_4852.JPG

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a good idea to protect your kid. I have three panels out of LE vests in my EDC backpack (about 60 layers of Kevlar). LE vests are upgraded every 5 years so there are tons of these lying around. To get one- find a cop. Find a retired cop. Find a friend of a cop. Look on Craigslist, they pop up there every now and then. They show up at gun shows.View attachment 114464
what will a level III panel stop, and at what distance?

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can be a weapon, contain a weapon, or be a hazard on the floor in an over crowded classroom.

So same as the co workers vest yet his is ok?

I understand the issues you pointed out, but I think if parents want to better protect their kids this is a great idea.

Maybe you can be the voice to get it approved. Thanks for the insite and for taking your job seriously as an educator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom