Bulletproof Backpack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't fathom how a backpack with a kevlar panel could be more a weapon than a backpack with a couple of hard back text books in it. The other two issues I give you, but the fear of all things "tactical" is getting just a bit rich.
That is the most important issue. The world we live in, how you feel is more important than reality.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way you find this out - go to a garage sale and get some books. Seriously. You'd be surprised what a book would stop up to and including 44 mag. Don't ask me how I know this. It involved a textbook, it was in college and it was in the dorm. Jus' sayin'.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure about level III but I was looking at Level IIIA that have multi-hit protection against .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets with a specified mass of 8.1 g (125 gr) and a velocity of 1470 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s) and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP)

Also, good point on what a couple of textbooks might bring to the equation. They could potentially cause a 5.56 round to break up or turn and create enough surface area to hopefully save a life. I wonder what adding a three ring binder or two made of rigid Kevlar might add to the mix... We all know we have to buy too many of those a year anyway... Me x 3 Kiddos

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Lots went on since i first posted yesterday. To answer a few of the questions or clarify my reasoning.

I will be having a discussion with my son that he need not talk to anyone about the back pack. It really is no one elses business what he has. My concern is not the administration or school district finding out, I don't need some turd finding out about the type of backpack and some low-life stealing it if he had a chance. Should the admistration find out about my son have the bulletproof pack and not allow it my next stop would be to the local media.

I'm well aware that these level IIIA panels stop up to a 240gr 44mag round and are not a Level IV but it is better than nothing and can hope and pray that with his additional text books, binders and all the other crap he dumps into his backpack that it will have some additional resistance/proofness to .223 rounds. I took a hard look at the Level IV panels but they were just too thick and heavy to be feasible in his pack.

In the end, I'm doing whatever i can do to keep my boy safe while in school.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Lots went on since i first posted yesterday. To answer a few of the questions or clarify my reasoning.

I will be having a discussion with my son that he need not talk to anyone about the back pack. It really is no one elses business what he has. My concern is not the administration or school district finding out, I don't need some turd finding out about the type of backpack and some low-life stealing it if he had a chance. Should the admistration find out about my son have the bulletproof pack and not allow it my next stop would be to the local media.

I'm well aware that these level IIIA panels stop up to a 240gr 44mag round and are not a Level IV but it is better than nothing and can hope and pray that with his additional text books, binders and all the other crap he dumps into his backpack that it will have some additional resistance/proofness to .223 rounds. I took a hard look at the Level IV panels but they were just too thick and heavy to be feasible in his pack.

In the end, I'm doing whatever i can do to keep my boy safe while in school.

that's all you can do.

You can't really stop a full size rifle round without ceramic plates, and a .223 is a very high velocity round. it would shred a 3A, which is only rated for pistol rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom