Bulletproof Backpack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive already decided I need to get in touch with some of my LE buddies and see if I can get my hands on a used vest. Ill then need to somehow figure out a way to line a backpack with it for my little girl to use for school. There has to be a good way.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive already decided I need to get in touch with some of my LE buddies and see if I can get my hands on a used vest. Ill then need to somehow figure out a way to line a backpack with it for my little girl to use for school. There has to be a good way.

Most backpacks these days have at least one sleeve along the back of the pack for laptops and/or iPads, etc. Should, typically, be big enough for maybe two soft IIIA panels. I now need to get one or two for my north Face pack.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beastep: Here is my EDC backpack. It is a North Face Overhaul 40. Has a lot of compartments and pockets i like. You can see the back panel in it fully unzipped where i can put my old schoool work laptop and my iPad. The laptop space is nearly 20" deep while the smaller sleeve where my iPad is is 17" deep and both would accommodate an 11" wide panel. The smaller panel is between the light gray back panels and the dark gray padded area with the patch sewn on it. Most mid-range or higher backpacks these days have similar setups. Hope this helps.

And........Breakfast for the win!!!

IMG_2153.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_2150.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had her mom check and her current backpack has a laptop compartment. Or she said it did anyway. I think one of my friends has an old vest he no longer uses if I can just get with him to get it. Thanks for the info.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...I think one of my friends has an old vest he no longer uses if I can just get with him to get it. Thanks for the info.

I would research the effective (rather short) life span of soft body armor and make an informed decision before relying on it to protect loved ones. Level IIIa armor is not that expensive to purchase new.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would research the effective (rather short) life span of soft body armor and make an informed decision before relying on it to protect loved ones. Level IIIa armor is not that expensive to purchase new.

Possibly so. But Im going to be flat broke for a few more months and this would be better than nothing until I can do something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom