Bullfrog season is in full swing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to hit the pond today with the fly rod. It’s getting pretty low with the drought so the banks are exposed.
Holy crap the giant bullfrogs were everywhere.
Only had one 15 round mag in my AR style .22, and picked off 9 really quick using the rest of the rounds to finish the cripples.
Caught some little perch on the fly and was amazed at how many frogs were still around. The M&P shooting 158 grain Hornady defense loads took 4 more.

2812c31bb41e226d0adb5f8263e04a9c.jpg

b2896157bf28a6763d74153be73046c1.jpg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a couple times as a kid goin down to the ponds at night with my dad and uncle who would spotlight bullfrogs and shoot em with a bow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a couple times as a kid goin down to the ponds at night with my dad and uncle who would spotlight bullfrogs and shoot em with a bow.
My uncle when I was growing up was a frog hunter deluxe. Can't tell you how many nights we started at 10pm with gigs and flashlights hitting ponds and creeks. Back then there was no limit if I remember right. We brought in dozens every time out. Little ones left to grow.
I've caught a few since then like sedona with some fishing gear, but there were so many there today that it was impressive.
Getting some heavy rains there now so hopefully the pond will fill back up. Frogs will still be there, but in the weeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom