Bullion... Bars or coins?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I end up with eBay bucks every 3 months and was thinking on using them to buy silver instead of the normal guilt free crap.

Which should I shoot for? A couple 1,5 or 10 Oz bars? or good ole' 1oz American Eagle coins?

any input is appreciated

Ty-

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to say. SIlver isn't a real good investment. You'll never get rich on it. As something for a time of crisis, it might get you through hard times whn it spikes.

I have Rounds, both 1oz and 1/10oz. Some say that's the best to have as it looks like a coin. But then others say people will only see the value of the coin it looks like. For instance, a 1oz round looks like a silver dollar and will only want to give you a dollar for it. Same with a 1/10oz round, looks like a dime etc.

A 10oz bar would be hard to break up so smaller increments would be more desirable, like 1oz bars or 1oz rounds

So just depends on your purpose for it.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what you want them for. As a hedge against inflation - any of those choices. For anything else, I just don't see the point of owning silver (or gold for that matter).

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what you want them for. As a hedge against inflation - any of those choices. For anything else, I just don't see the point of owning silver (or gold for that matter).

Yea, I was/am not really into it either. Just thought since they would be free it wouldn't really matter if the value went to pennies or went sky high.

I recommend ammo.

A 22LR equals a meal for from 2 to 4, on up to a .308(or larger) able to bag hundreds of pounds of meat. All the gold and silver in the world will not feed you unless you can melt it down into bullets.

Woody

I don't think one can purchase ammo with eBay bucks.

Ha, Even if eBay had 22lr ammo listed there is NO WAY you'd be able to pay for them via paypal ( which is how you ultimately spend eBay bucks)

I've looked into this in the past. I personally would purchase 1 oz American Eagles. They cost a little more upfront but will be easier to sell and barter if that time ever comes.

I think that is what I'll do. The bars would stack a little better but coins would be easier to get rid of if I get tired of them.

Thanks all that replied

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought two 10 oz Englehard bars, I buy gold and silver regularly because I like it and it will be valuable when our currency is downgraded-thanks to the politicians. I also have Silver Eagles socked away. I'm not saying how much I have but what I do have is secure and readily available should the need arise. And I also have the commodity-bullets of various calibers. However, all of this won't mater one whit if the big one comes or "Yellowstone erupts" as some are predicting. Prepare to meet thy God.

Latest posts

Top Bottom