Bump Stock Ban Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that the bump stock is “banned” and owners are supposed to destroy or turn them in, I am still seeing listings on Armslist for them. Isn’t it illegal to sell/buy them at this time (pending legal rulings)? I have zero desire for a bump stock but is it possible that the Armslist sellers are either a) breaking current ATF regulations or b) “sellers” trying to trap buyers? At this point, why would anybody buy one? Random thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering the same. It was said to me that you had 90 days to get rid of them from the ban date and the ban didn't say you couldn't sell em to get rid of em.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:drunk2:

Attachments

• bump-stock-wood.jpg
    bump-stock-wood.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 136

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not illegal to own until 90 days after enactment. Even then they won’t be illegal until there’s a ruling in the courts after the lawsuits that have been filed.

I got that, I am curious about people selling the now that the ban is in place (for now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even then they won’t be illegal until there’s a ruling in the courts after the lawsuits that have been filed.

They will be illegal at the effective date, regardless of any pending legislation, unless a judge puts an injury in place. The simple act of filing a challenge doesn’t invalidate enforcement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom