Bumpfire Stock Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Slidefire/Bumpfire stocks be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 86 88.7%

• Total voters

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-...-bill-ban-bump-stocks-vegas/story?id=50276506

So, branching off of the Las Vegas shooting thread, i thought i'd make a new thread and see what people thought of these new 'Bumpfire stock' bans people are talking of. One of the gadgets the shooter in Las Vegas used to help him kill 58 or so people.

Let's see how it turns out and the reasoning behind it.

Personally, i don't think they should be banned.

They're just a gadget used to help alleviate the unconstitutional restrictions of the 1986 FOPA act.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. Seems they were designed as a work-around , kinda like the oil filter adapters that are used only "for cleaning"......

But, I certainly hate to see knee jerk reactions that further restrict our rights every time something bad happens.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they should just ban Democrats owning guns but the bumpfire ban has a good chance of passing because the political will feel the need to do something after this latest shooting. This will give the pro-gun folks some political cover. It will probably be overturned in the courts but you never know.

I fully expect a hard attack on "assault rifles" to come from this and Trump might even go along. I still do not trust the man completely.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they should just ban Democrats owning guns but the bumpfire ban has a good chance of passing because the political will feel the need to do something after this latest shooting. This will give the pro-gun folks some political cover. It will probably be overturned in the courts but you never know.

I fully expect a hard attack on "assault rifles" to come from this and Trump might even go along. I still do not trust the man completely.

If trump does veto, that would kill it for good i think.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The text of the bill is pretty onerous IMO. It states:

"it shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a trigger crank, a bump-fire device, or any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun.

Using the Hate America (I'll no longer refer to them as democrats) party's logic the "or any part, combination of parts" could be construed to include any semi-auto that is capable of being bump fired as designed. You can bump fire pretty much all semi-autos without attaching a damn thing to them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, the very next mass shooting the Dimocrats will try again, especially if they have regained power. Make no mistake, after Trump's 8 years we will have a Democrat for president again and possibly they will have control of congress too. It is how politics work in this country, we go thru cycles every 8 years.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, the very next mass shooting the Dimocrats will try again, especially if they have regained power. Make no mistake, after Trump's 8 years we will have a Democrat for president again and possibly they will have control of congress too. It is how politics work in this country, we go thru cycles every 8 years.

It may very well be only 4 this time... :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom