Bumpfire Stock Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Slidefire/Bumpfire stocks be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 86 88.7%

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, when i say i don't support an 'assault weapons ban', how should i refer to it?

Scary weapons ban?

Okay, then. I don't support a liberal 'scary weapons ban'.

i'm just not sure what the point is you're trying to make. i agree with you.
I define an assault weapons ban as attempting to regulate firearms by banning certain 'features' or aesthetics on firearms.(e.g. flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, pistol grips, etc.)
The gun grabbing libs has described AR's exactly as you described.
They then called them Scary. Evil Looking. Dangerous in nature.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, and you know better than that. No criminals ever incarcerated were provided weapons by their keepers, unless more criminal activity was involved.

When the constitution was written, common sense wasn't near so uncommon as it is today. ;)

Thank you, you said the words I was looking for.....common sense

Some of us seem to be able to agree that these common sense gun laws are not such a bad idea though they are technically infringement.

1) the insane should have ther second ammendmant right infringed
2) inmates in a prison should have there second ammendmant rights infringed
3) carrying while drinking alcohol is illegal yet it’s in infringement on our second ammendmant rights (guns and alcohol are a bad pairing in my mind)

You can’t say we aren’t budging an inch on the second ammendmant and then also say these 3 common sense laws are reasonable, that would be hypocritical. Some here today are were clearly ok with anyone having any armament they want, grenades, SMAWS, RPG, chemical weapons, nukes and that doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure do. and i don't support that and think it's stupid.

what they really want to do is ban semi-automatic weapons.

They want to ban all personally owned weapons, and the bumpfire stock is the first inroad to that destination.
Let them have that inch, they will start on other parts of the firearm.
The Muzzle brake keeps the rifle on target much quicker. The rifle in one of the pics of the shooter had a muzzle brake, not a flash suppressor as the media called it.
The muzzle brake is designed to keep the barrel from rising with recoil, allowing the shooter to remain on target without having to re-acquire the target. We use them in competition rifle shooting all the time.
That will be the next target among other accessories that are available to the hunter and competition shooter saying that some criminal can cause more carnage with one of those than a rifle without one.
It never stops! Give them an inch and they take a mile.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Some of us seem to be able to agree that these common sense gun laws are not such a bad idea though they are technically infringement.

3) carrying while drinking alcohol is illegal yet it’s in infringement on our second ammendmant rights (guns and alcohol are a bad pairing in my mind)

You can’t say we aren’t budging an inch on the second ammendmant and then also say these 3 common sense laws are reasonable, that would be hypocritical. Some here today are were clearly ok with anyone having any armament they want, grenades, SMAWS, RPG, chemical weapons, nukes and that doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.
And yet it's legal to own cannons... :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The Supreme Court has agreed that we have the right to bear arms while at the same time agreeing that there can be restrictions.
Common sense has no place in those restrictions. They are spelled out in law.
The liberal leftist use "common sense" and "gun safety" as an excuse to limit our rights within those restrictions against the rights we own.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure do. and i don't support that and think it's stupid.

what they really want to do is ban semi-automatic weapons.

I think you are exactly right here and even worse long term (not just SA’s but all weapons) and that’s just isn’t going to fly for any of us (well one person voted yes on the other poll) but I am guessing 99%will not turn in there weapons if they ban them. And why I said earlier today that pointing out the many other methods of bumpfire is unwise as it really makes it sound like semi autos are the problem. I would agree to adding the bumpfire to the class III list for the sole reason of a scapegoat, I believe in working with what we have and what we have in our country today is push to end gun rights that has only gotten stronger in the last 25 years and will only get stronger in the next 25 years. Until conservatives learn to play the long game and fight to take back the education system, which is mostly liberalized today, the war of attrition will continue until they have enough support to change the 2nd ammendmant outright. It’s a much bigger game they have been playing and it’s not about todays laws or next years laws it’s about a complete an total culture change that they have been pushing since the Kennedy era.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And yet it's legal to own cannons... :D

I can and have built one at home on my lathe! It's fun to get out there and shoot a golf ball at a hay bale 1/4 mile away. You can even get them at .50 caliber size to just go bang with a paper wad and some black powder. :clap3:
There is a whole community forum like osa that builds model cannons, and some can get pretty big!

Latest posts

Top Bottom