Bumpfire Stock Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Slidefire/Bumpfire stocks be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 86 88.7%

• Total voters

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Define an assault weapon.
An a-ssault weapon is everything except for but a-pepper weapon
Again, the 2nd is not about hunting or competitive shooting and your suggestion of restricting anything other than those infringes on our rights of freedom afforded in the Constitution.
If you can afford an F-16 with a vulcan 20mm cannon why not? If that is too dangerous for someone to own, let's extrapolate that down to the average homeowner's level. If one homeowner can only afford a hipoint for home defense, is that where we set the bar for home defense? We only allow Mossbergs, and not Benelli M2's?
Do we restrict a homeowner that can afford a Daniel Defense AR to only owning a hi point?
I know the F-16 is a fun thing and I'm stretching it, but if you can afford it, why not?
We have the greatest thing that the world has ever invented....Freedom.
Those that live in countries that have no freedom's wish they lived in ours.
We have the greatest country in history, let's not let the gun grabbers take that away from us one inch at a time.
I'm envious because I will never be able to afford an F-16, with or without the Vulcan cannon - and if I can't have one . . . nobody can have one! :musketeers:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it's inevitable? might as well surrender then.
Guess, we know who voted yes...
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...quired-them-to-be-turned-in-would-you.249688/
If you are referring to me you’d be guessing wrong, bump stocks and the entire firearm are two totally different things to me. I believe Bump stocks were originally restricted then the ATF reversed their decision in 2010 during Obama’s reign (why?), I am trying to be sure this is how it happened.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So should the clinically insane have the right to own a gun or not? Don’t ignore that part lol
If it is alright, please allow me to venture into this conversation.

There was a time not too long ago when having an epileptic seizure tagged that person as being possessed by Satan, somebody with dyslexia was considered to be mentally incompetent, and someone else could be classed as either being insane or eccentric, depending on whom you ask. The point is, what constitutes 'clinical insanity' and who makes that determination?

Perhaps a better question than "should the clinically insane have the right to own a gun or not?" would be 'Should a person that is adjudged to be a threat to himself or others be allowed to own a gun?'

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is alright, please allow me to venture into this conversation.

There was a time not too long ago when having an epileptic seizure tagged that person as being possessed by Satan, somebody with dyslexia was considered to be mentally incompetent, and someone else could be classed as either being insane or eccentric, depending on whom you ask. The point is, what constitutes 'clinical insanity' and who makes that determination?

Perhaps a better question than "should the clinically insane have the right to own a gun or not?" would be 'Should a person that is adjudged to be a threat to himself or others be allowed to own a gun?'

Fair enough, the primary question in either case or either verbiage is who is making that decision? That’s always been the question as I would imagine in the future they will try very hard to get people on every type of “not allowed to own” list they can develope.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I am saying once the infringements were allowed and “accepted” and we strayed from the strict interpretation of the constitution (1865, 1927, 1934, etc) the war was lost and the slippery slope began All the battles we fight from here to eternity are just to delay the inevitable, unless something truly extraordinary happens on so many fronts (Globally and Nationally)....... I am believe Trump caves on this latest threat saying “this device was intentionally designed to circumvent existing laws covering fully automatic weapons” and as such should be dealt with accordingly.

I will agree whole heartedly with the bolded portion. Which is a large part of the reason why I think we should not give any ground willingly. If they want to ban bump-fire devices, then make them fight for it, and prove to the public why it should be banned. Don't voluntarily give anything up.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah . . . don't ask :blush:

They should know the effetist affrontery afoot amongst curmudgeonly elitist shotgunners.

th

[Broken External Image]

A-Dapper-Gent-in-his-Shooting-Attire-600x900.jpg

i.dailymail.co.uk_i_pix_2013_02_02_article_2272417_174DC334000005DC_142_634x431.jpg

th

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
"CYA"

I like how Hillary and some of the other Democrat Pols are so afraid of the NRA, yet the NRA is only as strong as its base. And in this case, when the NRA stepped out of line, within days the base had spoken out so loudly that the NRA is backpedaling. That ought to say something to those talking about gun-grabbing (or gun-parts grabbing):

"We have NO intention of giving in. Oh, and BTW, it's not the NRA you should fear politically, it's the millions of members of the gun community that value their rights."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom