Bunn coffee maker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get you a second pot and put water in it and sit on one of the other burners and you have hot water for hot chocolate or hot tea or even roman noodles in a cup. just have to keep a eye on it so the pot dont go dry or it will bust the pot

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not care for tea either.
I do drink tea now and then but I like my Whole milk or milk straight from the cow.
I like fruit juice also. Not Tang.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I unplug mine at the shop over long weekends or holidays. If I don’t, the water in the tank either evaporates or slowly cooks out? If I forget to unplug it, I have to run a pot of water through it to prime. Usually only get about half a pot of water to come out.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Directions state to unplug it when not in use.
It also stated pour 2 pitchers of water into it wait 2 minutes between pitchers and then plug it in and pour another pitcher into it and it should come out of the unit into the coffee pot.
After it is done dribbling out then wait 20 minutes for the water to get hot.

Then pour another 10-12 cups of cold water into the machine and hot water will immediately come out and into the coffee pot.

Better have the pot under the filter funnel as you are pouring water into the top of the unit or you will make a mess.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a Bunn coffee maker and had in-laws visiting. They wanted to go home so they got up before any others were up and decided to make a pot of coffee for their thermos. They did it just like they did at their home, poured the water in at the top and then got a little more water to top it off. The end result was that that coffee went all over the floor quickly and they had a mess. We didn't know about it until we woke up and they were gone. They'd cleaned it up and later told us of their accident.. It makes coffee quickly and the pot needs to be placed on the burner before water is poured into the chamber.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stuck it on craigslist just a bit ago.
Wont get hot enough to melt lead so no use to me.

OSA ers can have it for 1/2 of what I stuck it on craigslist for.
Or trade me out of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom