Busted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to have cattle on one place this winter so figured I needed to put up some barbed wire around a ground blind in a waterway.
tARt2IWEHMyNPg85BKGiJZ9EAwlBBh8i_LhTSOci6PmzuIZafAErBBTOlORi99NxVvWV9Wy6hxgnYiPAXT1N6xSYdD0lyUYbSJik-UjU3FRV77MQIQVl7t3KMwudOPLQzr0_snQErucswJqWUNE4ztDneGQzPUHMjRPunhcURAHyyrajGlTqcCWGs1CYTMwRKqF1tfwshdXz1LL3h7QA8t7UyIrhfqF12ysLPuxCtrNz6yoMJCAT5LbOdkFQqEkLIaptdDfRPsutsxPkeJN6tuuAgyVYa15odpCCcu7nJGwNzyLrUrNFaIgSFZPNIn4c9en0X4He17XWS_kkU5JrmWqNVkogahXzqmlqcFiLD90IqIGS1PjF6t8n3gK5V9L3cqJdYUTtktv_Bis0MIuXncRwmGRztdmjbPxjQXPnO_Hes6-cYf_mngKB0QpICaB0SUK3nPzaP2VR697e65beq8XwHjeBnoxB4fcQcHbQKFEVVCCiEFXMmkqk28BmFuAbplJ2_H6rh7kIpE-ucOpP_r-3HBspj7ef7LM1pIm3-_Fu7eaydy__fxblo-_Ii5JrnOaoykghdRj3e41HreYCXRcUtiMoDY4G6_rnxjJKH_dloUNSozJ0rD4TpUl-b2s8XM0vrQ9P-2xIU5tEIIK0Mo6dGZh9sM-7vB7py4IcZpm47S00k37-3GkK7QAa=w426-h568-no

(note to self, don't loan out the post driver, you may need it, and a 16lb sledgehammer sucks!)

Phone started ringing and it was the county game warden. He was on another place of ours and had collared two trespassers that had poached 4 quail.
Wanted to know if they had permission and if not what did I want him to do.
Hang em high and let them swing was my answer.

d6dcaQdMKjFTmLh2zSxXnijKGhSfkpPNixsBuiTSuSxiJb9ywKVK3WjUM4toNhKValSvOCNqNmMMVUV1qacMxn0oEBbP7Ei7hMuzM9SayV91-PsP0ARvA81KHfXSobRQpZqZGsBzwYAslAtznwbXxnK4TQ5xcqkuIupZjg_oimWd54InVaYc6Ad7UIOIA0ZnnnVIfLJQzIXO-hHKhca6MN0V9W4FamKO5IG6Cl7r7iLHULBNty-2cnNdAbLOYsaOgo2tJhf5qrxGKV905am7D8lHtIh1LApqsyRqKoPbXmRLcL9tIum0lI2AcnziktpAZykwGNasueiVFxXlmu_-uh8hk7jDKBr9BeokXAmbxx4mfrzbijBzlgcjffub2fgLuuAXY76MxuknHqQ01vHULaaQVTD1MAKyU8I3YNrfXoXSYf7i3JdTLOvca6Gh6eUMQ0QWz8X5J8X5evH0Vo1PV7UUhIhQWhPZRqoWq6zPc-IxbUd_8fDWgXaC-cu_CzTE-IX6CePfPI-XtyqYTyrzaiaScQAnHkgAybHmLTWlJ21p37nNAjMMvxrTISTUu6u75C1x8tbzcj4l4avHFYawmU_7ZFRi3HjPimBHWXUY6CJFXS0pClbl5pr-SM4pRGYBMhXuvj4yvwCyWYEwwgjqEpTTiRFRua4dTNMNBsr5Y_yB-Gk1sjWWSkCX2GNX=w426-h568-no

They were from Prague Ok. They drove almost 300 miles to kill 4 quail. The fines will be almost $800 each plus their expenses of driving that far.
That covey had 10 birds in it as of last week. I was going to hunt them this coming week to get a couple for us and maybe a rooster.
Now, all there is left will have to be for breeding stock for next year.
Can't even hunt my own place because the poachers have ruined it and hunting season isn't over yet. Nobody knows how many times that strip of grass will be hit and more quail poached.
Game warden told me that this season trespassing is the worst he's seen it. With the covid, there is nothing much to do I guess other than drive the country roads and road hunt. He agreed.
With snow on the ground tomorrow, I'm sure the road hunters will be out in force.
I'll be watching our farms and the neighbors property as well.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some times I think it is to bad land owners can not shoot back. When I lived out south of Welston years ago coon hunters were always trespassing until one night we fired a shotgun into the ground. Another time someone was hunting without permission and put a round thru my trailer.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a text last week from one of the guys that hunts to the east of my place about a suspected road hunter. The guy got a clear picture of the license plate, and the game warden was going after them. I haven’t heard how it turned out.
cwXSbKn.jpg

Back in April when the roni lockdown first started, I was up working around my place, and when I went back to my house for lunch, I left the gate open knowing I would be back shortly. I got back and randomly checked the gate camera only to discover “someone” had driven in while I was gone. I sent the pictures to some neighbors, and no one recognized the vehicle. For reference, my place is land locked, and these people had to cross a cattle guard and drive almost a mile down a “oil field” road through a pasture to get to where these pictures were taken. The road in is very rough, and I really can’t believe anyone would attempt it especially in 2 wheel drive vehicle unless they knew where they were going.:anyone:
06D8EBFB-021D-45F6-9E57-8311AF118EA3.jpeg
C465C7B5-D159-4C59-A7B1-5E7BC81A7FAD.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some times I think it is to bad land owners can not shoot back. When I lived out south of Welston years ago coon hunters were always trespassing until one night we fired a shotgun into the ground. Another time someone was hunting without permission and put a round thru my trailer.
When we moved into our current home of 31 years out here in the sticks, the seller pointed out two holes in the back door. It seems a turkey hunter without permission had slipped into the land on the other side of our fence and shot at a turkey. Two of the pellets went through the door into some laundry. We have never forgot that always wearing something hunter orange around the house in the fall and spring. Those holes remained in the back door until we replaced it after a break in with steel doors.
The poacher was caught.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a text last week from one of the guys that hunts to the east of my place about a suspected road hunter. The guy got a clear picture of the license plate, and the game warden was going after them. I haven’t heard how it turned out.
cwXSbKn.jpg

Back in April when the roni lockdown first started, I was up working around my place, and when I went back to my house for lunch, I left the gate open knowing I would be back shortly. I got back and randomly checked the gate camera only to discover “someone” had driven in while I was gone. I sent the pictures to some neighbors, and no one recognized the vehicle. For reference, my place is land locked, and these people had to cross a cattle guard and drive almost a mile down a “oil field” road through a pasture to get to where these pictures were taken. The road in is very rough, and I really can’t believe anyone would attempt it especially in 2 wheel drive vehicle unless they knew where they were going.:anyone:
The place where these guy got caught is where you dropped that blind off. The other dove hunters were in that waterway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom