Buy a gun or sell the ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sell the ammo or buy the guns?

• Sell the ammo and buy more that I already own.

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Buy guns to go with the pile of ammo

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of random exotic ammo that I've managed to acquire but have nothing to shoot them. This include 375 Win, 300H&H, 458 Lott and maybe others. I keep having this debate --- should I buy a gun for the ammo, or just put it on the block. I mean, they all seem like fun calibers, but they are all expensive calibers.
I'm in a similar boat. I've got a bunch of 204 Ruger that I didn't sell with the rifle at the time. Do I buy another rifle or sell the ammo. :)

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang....after day one of voting we're still a dead even split. This is not helping much :D
If you have ammo for something you really want, keep it for when you find the gun to match. Or can afford to build the gun you want. :) I'm buying and building for .32 Colt, both long & short cartridges, and working on getting my shop together so I can make CF breech blocks for a couple of Stevens boys rifles to use it. Built a frankenfield 1903a3. National Ordinance action, mil-spec or mil-surp everything else. Got a hundred rounds of .308 ammo sitting here IF I ever manage to acquire a rifle to shoot them. Steel-cased, so not really sure I want to shoot it in something I love anyway. Saving some .300 WSM brass for one of my younger brothers who shoots it, otherwise that would be gone. Everything else I have is for something I want or already shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom