Buyers Remorse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You gots to watchout for these sorts of deals.
45 years ago while working the gun counter at the famous Looboyles in Southroads mall,
A lady came in and bought a High Standard 22 mag derringer and a box of shells.
Next day came back and said it was a P.O.S. and wanted her money back. Which the manager did.
The next day the police came,
She had shot her husband and figured if she returned the gun, they would never find the murder weapon.
And that's why most stores don't take returns on guns.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
45 years ago while working the gun counter at the famous Looboyles in Southroads mall,
Next day came back and said it was a P.O.S. and wanted her money back. Which the manager did.
She had shot her husband and figured if she returned the gun, they would never find the murder weapon.
The least she could do is clean off the blood splatter.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This story is "Not my circus, not my clowns."
I heard a guy swear that 'back when he was in the Army' either Kmart or Montgomery Ward has a generous return policy that you could bring back ANY ITEM for ANY REASON for 45 days or something.
Anyway, the guy swore that whatever base he was stationed at allowed deer hunting on post, so some of the GI's would buy a deer rifle and go hunting then after the season was over (week or two later), they would take it back and get a refund for the gun.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Looboyles! Man, those were the days. I'm pretty sure my dad still has a box of shells with a Looboyles sticker on it. Didn't Joe Krieger do ads for them on his fishing show?

Latest posts

Top Bottom