Buyers Remorse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemedic712

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just me but I would have offered to buy the gun back. And at the completion of buying the gun back in no nice terms explain why I did. That individuals such as him who can't research anything and understand what they have read does not have aptitude to be firearm owner. And everyone is better off with the gun out of their hands.
Former marine purchased supposedly

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever parted ways with a rifle and been messaged a week later with a crazy claim? Sold a feller a complete AR with a 223 wylde chambered upper last week. He asked a million questions about 556 compatability etc. I did the best to provide links to him so he could read up on it himself. He agrees to purchase and we meet up. He never tried to talk me even a cent off of my asking. Out of the blue today I get a message that I'm a liar because he went to the gun shop and the guy at the counter said anything marked 223 can't fire 556. He won't say which shop...long story short I told him sorry but he's wrong and that we were done talking. First time in 25ish years wheeling and dealing that's happened to me. Did I handle it correctly or should I have provided more info?

The "gun shop expert" likely never heard of the 223 Wylde and/or the buyer only mentioned 223 not 223 Wylde.

I think you handled it correctly.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever parted ways with a rifle and been messaged a week later with a crazy claim? Sold a feller a complete AR with a 223 wylde chambered upper last week. He asked a million questions about 556 compatability etc. I did the best to provide links to him so he could read up on it himself. He agrees to purchase and we meet up. He never tried to talk me even a cent off of my asking. Out of the blue today I get a message that I'm a liar because he went to the gun shop and the guy at the counter said anything marked 223 can't fire 556. He won't say which shop...long story short I told him sorry but he's wrong and that we were done talking. First time in 25ish years wheeling and dealing that's happened to me. Did I handle it correctly or should I have provided more info?
Did you ream out the 223 to 223 Wylde?
Is the barrel marked still marked 223?
Or did you engrave a Wylde after the 223?
If not that is the problem!

Latest posts

Top Bottom