Buyers Remorse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a good one. This is the short version:

On another forum, I responded to a WTB ad for a very rare expensive S&W revolver. The buyer and I messaged each other back and forth , I sent tons of pics. He lived in Florida, and wanted to pay it out. I told him no big deal, the gun wouldn't ship until I was fully paid, etc. He sent me a check and burned my phone up- "Did you get my check, did you deposit my check, did the check clear" blah blah blah. At this point he was annoying me. He then sent me the last payment with the same diatribe- "Did you get my check, did you deposit my check, did the check clear" blah blah blah. I paid for shipping and insurance and included a factory letter that I had forgotten I had on the gun. After the check cleared, I told him I would be sending the gun the next day. He messages me "hey I all of a sudden bought a new house that needs new carpet and a bunch of other BS. I confirmed that I had indeed sent the gun and he was disappointed.

He gets the gun on a Monday morning. He then launches into me that the gun was "full of rust" and he want on to point out several other things he claimed were wrong with it. Did I mention he had pictures of the gun taken apart? When I called him out on taking the gun apart and the "rust" and told him it was dried oil, his responses was "my bad" and a bunch of other BS. We went back and forth and I finally agreed to take the gun back less 10% and shipping both ways pending inspection by me. He didn't like that and I asked him to name ONE gun store/shop/retailer on the planet that would allow a return of a gun the customer disassembled. As you can imagine, it went downhill from there. I paid for shipping and insurance and included a factory letter that I had forgotten I had on the gun. He wanted me to send him a check and then he would send the gun when the check cleared. I told him no, he would have to send me the gun first, non- negotiable. He said he couldn't trust me and when I pointed out he already had, he changed the topic. He had a badge icon by his user name on the other website, so I googled him. He is a jailer somewhere. I then found a news article where he had been street racing. He crashed, nearly killing his passenger and he wiped out three cars on a car lot. I screen shotted him the article and he said he didn't care, it was a long time ago. I told him to not ever question my integrity and that was the last I'd heard from him. He had the gun listed three hours later on the website, claiming it was unfired, etc.

What a doosh.

Firemedic712

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So 5.56 is a Nato round that exceeds .223 pressure! The chamber must be 5.56 to shoot 223. A 223 chamber should not shoot 5.56 ammo. Have not owned a 224 Wilde so I can't speak to it.
The 224 is the valkarye and a completely different round in itself. The 223 wylde was solely designed to fire 223 rem and 556 NATO from the same weapon

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"... the guy at the counter said anything marked 223 can't fire 556..."

But, but, but... your rifle ISN'T marked "223." It's marked "223 Wylde." So, does dimbulb not understand? The 'guy behind the counter' may have been correct in his own limited and less-than-coherent way, but he wasn't talking about your rifle, at all. (What am I missing here?)

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone ever parted ways with a rifle and been messaged a week later with a crazy claim? Sold a feller a complete AR with a 223 wylde chambered upper last week. He asked a million questions about 556 compatability etc. I did the best to provide links to him so he could read up on it himself. He agrees to purchase and we meet up. He never tried to talk me even a cent off of my asking. Out of the blue today I get a message that I'm a liar because he went to the gun shop and the guy at the counter said anything marked 223 can't fire 556. He won't say which shop...long story short I told him sorry but he's wrong and that we were done talking. First time in 25ish years wheeling and dealing that's happened to me. Did I handle it correctly or should I have provided more info?
If it was a 100% working tool when it left your hands then he's doing something wrong and the fact that he called you a liar, well, I won't say what I'd do on here. Another thing, the difference between a 223 and a 5.56 is the operating pressure of the 5.56 is higher and it has a little longer throat in the barrel, the cartridge dimensions are exactly the same, EXTERALLY.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't there at the gun counter for the conversation but I will say this:
A few times in life I have told a jack wagon something in plain, simple language and listened as he (so-called) "repeated it" to somebody on the phone and all of a sudden left was right, up was down and daylight was darkness compared to what I just told the damn fool standing there.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold a revolver once and the guys wife contacted me a week later and said it didn't work. I know it was 100% functional when I sold it. Then she told me her husband took it apart. I told her that was the problem. She said nope he's a cop, he knows all about guns. :hithead:

I built a TH350 transmission for a guy and gave him a 2 year warranty or 20,000 miles whatever comes last.
I built a lot of those and same warranty and never had one come back.
Had a lot of referrals.

This one guy calls me and tells me the transmission does not work anymore.
I told him bring it to me and I will fix it or give him his money back whichever he wants.
I asked what was wrong with it and he said it will not shift.

Well bring it to me .
I can't I am in Georgia.
Is that where the car is .
Yes I drove it down here to visit my uncle and my uncle said the B&M shift kit is junk and we pulled it out and put a Transgo shift kit in it and it will not shift now.

Yea your uncle was wrong and you just voided your warranty.
Never heard from him after that.

Something is wrong with so many people.

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 224 is the valkarye and a completely different round in itself. The 223 wylde was solely designed to fire 223 rem and 556 NATO from the same weapon
You should of mentioned that on the thread and to the buyer, heck even the gun store. You'll be surprised how many people don't know about 223 wylde, even with internet in thier hands

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold a revolver once and the guys wife contacted me a week later and said it didn't work. I know it was 100% functional when I sold it. Then she told me her husband took it apart. I told her that was the problem. She said nope he's a cop, he knows all about guns. :hithead:
Since he's that smart, he should know how to fix it then...

Latest posts

Top Bottom