Buying Gold/Silver - Do you do it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard a report on the radio today that some gold expert said that all the gold in the ground has been found, and any future finds would be small in size or traces.
My dad was told in tech school after WWII that all of the known oil reserves had been found and it would run out in the next 20 years, so he got out of diesel engine repair and went into power plant operations.
Amazing how that has been proven wrong.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard a report on the radio today that some gold expert said that all the gold in the ground has been found, and any future finds would be small in size or traces.
My dad was told in tech school after WWII that all of the known oil reserves had been found and it would run out in the next 20 years, so he got out of diesel engine repair and went into power plant operations.
Pretty amazing how science has proven time and time again that we don't really know what we think we know. :drunk2:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Estimated 70% of the worlds silver is un-mined. 60% of that is un-minable with current technology

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a winner!! Ding ding! What could happen and what history tells us about those chances should really be considered.
A covey of quail "could" fly out my butt, however I'm not preparing for it.
But it "could". :/
why are you putting quail up your butt? I thought pervs used gerbils.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It has been some years ago, but if I remember right, Reagan or someone during his terms in office stated that as technology improves in "searching for" and drilling for oil, know reserves increase. So, even well after your dad's experience after WWII, there have been people stating that we were running out of oil. I suspect the same is true for anything that is found underground. With regard to gold, I wonder what technology is used to find it, and I'm curious as to how said "expert" could claim that it has all been found.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been some years ago, but if I remember right, Reagan or someone during his terms in office stated that as technology improves in "searching for" and drilling for oil, know reserves increase. So, even well after your dad's experience after WWII, there have been people stating that we were running out of oil. I suspect the same is true for anything that is found underground. With regard to gold, I wonder what technology is used to find it, and I'm curious as to how said "expert" could claim that it has all been found.

I was being cynical of the gold report. I'm not a gold prospector and the guy making the report wasn't either. I think he was selling silver. LOL.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Estimated 70% of the worlds silver is un-mined. 60% of that is un-minable with current technology
With current technology being the key phrase. Just like when my dad was told oil was in short supply, the advances in technology have shown we have the largest supply of oil in the world. 20 years ago getting oil out of shale was determined to be not feasible, and now its profitable with the overall price of oil high enough. Advances in technology keep moving us forward.

Latest posts

Top Bottom