Buying/owning a plane?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a powered parachute and a gyrocopter,
Is this you?
6F0391BC-CB7A-4002-B182-14D944F28AB6.jpeg

D.M.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First thing is to learn to fly, you don’t just jump in an airplane and go. The type of flying you are talking about takes skill and that takes time. Go to your local airport and ask about instructors and rentals. Go for a couple of classes, you may not like it. If you were a pilot you would know this information. Getting a license is not cheap. Look at trad a plane to get a idea about pricing on planes . Your question’s tell me your not a pilot.

D.M.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I missed the boat back when I was a teen. I had an uncle that was a certified flight instructor who owned his own plane and was the private pilot and aerospace instructor for KU. I could have spent a summer with him and got my license for next to nothing. But as a teenage kid, I couldn't see the purpose for it. I knew I couldn't afford to rent and fly a plane at that time and wasn't interested in flying for a career. One of many decisions you make when you are young and live to regret. I did get to ride in and "control" a DC3 and a Ford Tri-Motor.
A try moter, now that’s so cool!

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
If you are serious about learning to fly and getting your pilots license then do it.
Start tomorrow.
Don't wait till you think you can afford it. If you truly want it find a way to pay for it.
I waited too late in life. My "check engine light" has lit up too many times and I can't pass the medical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom