Buying the wife an O/U.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What's your budget, that will help us some. CZ or Tristar on one end, Beretta or Browing Cynergy other other end. I've used a Fausti 12g for waterfowl, turkey and cranes over the last 15 years and have absolutely abused it. Finally broke a firing pin this last January. It was made in a 20g as well, but not sure if they still do or not.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd definitely get a CZ 20 or 28 gauge. Mallard, drake, canvasback, etc...

No need for a browning or beretta unless she is invested in the sport, knows how to fit a shotgun to her, mount, swing & followthrough.

Okiecrasher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe it or not the cheap Yildez O/U's at Academy aren't bad guns. I own 3 in sub gauges and know several other shooters that have them, some of which have upwards of 10k rounds through them. Are they the flashyest gun no, but they have selectable barrels and won't break your budget. You can get the basic model for around $450.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch gunbroker for some deals, you might as well get the most gun for your money.If your wife doesn't like it the gun will become yours.I got a new browning ou for $800.00 on a penny auction not that long ago.Also picked up a new beretta 686 onyx for less than $1000.00.
I got into my Browning Superposed for not a whole lot more than the $600 it appears the CZ's are going for...just sayin.
Belgium made, hand fit...

Latest posts

Top Bottom