Buying the wife an O/U.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How does a 28 gauge compare to a .410? I honestly don't know. :anyone:

Given that both guns are similar in weight, there's very little difference in recoil between the two........and 28g pattern density is so much better. If a new shooter needs a .410 for recoil purposes, awesome. If not, start out a new shooter with a larger gauge to increase their odds at success. That Franchi above is a peach.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is she going to use it for? Since you are looking at an O/U you can add tubes if you want to shoot the sub gauges in the future. For example, if for hunting and target shooting, you can get a 12g O/U and purchase tubes for 20g, 28g, and / or .410. Or, configure how you want - get a 20g O/U and purchase tubes for 28g.

The 28g is my absolute favorite for skeet shooting; and my 11 yr old daughter shoots 28g in her Rem 1100. The problem with 28g and .410 is that it gets expensive unless you reload. By purchasing reloading supplies in bulk, however, I can reload both 28 and .410 at less than $5 / box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom