BVAC Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with BVAC (bitterroot valley ammunition company)? Bought out a collection and now have a LOT of 500 rounds cases of it in 10mm. Googled it and looks like it might be related to Armscor, lots of threads about their 10mm being very hot loads. Good stuff or should I pull it for the reloading components?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with BVAC (bitterroot valley ammunition company)? Bought out a collection and now have a LOT of 500 rounds cases of it in 10mm. Googled it and looks like it might be related to Armscor, lots of threads about their 10mm being very hot loads. Good stuff or should I pull it for the reloading components?
My department used it in .40. Never any functional issues but as I recall it was very dirty.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was sponsored by them briefly, and I was a little less than impressed. At first it was go ammo, after a while their Q.C. took a nose dive. The last batch of 308 I got from them was WAY hot and I had to pull it all. While pulling I found up to 5 grains in powder variance and at least 3 different types of 150 grain bullet. I put them in the rear view fast!

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was sponsored by them briefly, and I was a little less than impressed. At first it was go ammo, after a while their Q.C. took a nose dive. The last batch of 308 I got from them was WAY hot and I had to pull it all. While pulling I found up to 5 grains in powder variance and at least 3 different types of 150 grain bullet. I put them in the rear view fast!
thanks, kind of what I read, hot loads. I will test it out in a heavy gun, hopefully I don't run into any pressure issues

Latest posts

Top Bottom