C39 ak 47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
They are milled. Most are made in the USA. Some of the early models weren't(look for the american flag on the receiver of the US made ones). They have a double tang stock. The front sight post does not adjust for windage like most AK's, windage is adjusted with a set screw on the rear sight. There have been some issues with the cast trunnions on the V1 breaking. Standard stamped AKM furniture doesn't fit. The V2 is much better.

I have a V1 C39 pistol with the elevation adjustable post front sight(the shark fin front sight is worthless IMO) and I am very happy with it. The only thing I've done to it is add a buffer to eliminate the Century hang and replaced the shepherd's hook with a Tapco retainer plate.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion Arsenal makes a way better AK than Century, so I'd pass on that trade unless there is a stupid amount of mags and ammo included.

Agreed. The only thing Century I'd consider would have to be something they imported, and did very, very little to. Just my thoughts on it.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if I wanted to put a zenit rail on it then it wouldn't fit? Same with a different stock? Is the front post replaceable then?

It all depends on whether it's a V1 or V2.

I don't know about the Zenit. Some furniture works some doesn't. The internets is full of aftermarket upgrades folks have done to their C39's with what works and what doesn't, you just have to do the homework to see what will.

I think Arsenals are somewhat overpriced and somewhat overrated. If I was gonna spend Arsenal money, I'd pay the extra bucks and get an IWI Galil Ace instead.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few weeks back I saw an ad somewhere online for NIB 39 V1's for $500 and some change. It was the Lady AK model with the pink furniture. That's the lowest NIB price I've seen for the V1s. Not bad at all for a milled, 100% US made AK.

A used V1 probably isn't worth more than $500, unless it comes with plenty of extras or aftermarket upgrades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom