CA Fires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd guess there are a few folks following the devastating fires in N and S California. It's interesting there are making extensive use of a 747 air tanker. Some one posted this interactive look at that beast that I though was pretty neat. So, here ya go!

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=aTr7JdsujKk&f=0

The scope of the fires and damage is devastating, there exists, I won't link to it, a video taken by a guy that was overrun. He survived by getting down a ravine and into a creek. His friends he had been trying to extract did not. A graphic reminder that the body is some 90 water...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard that the fires were caused by a campfire and that the state doesn't clear out underbrush and dead wood in the forests.
You'd think that if they subscribed to global warming that they'd do everything they could to prevent heating up the planet. Heck, here in Oklahoma a burn ban is issued by the government, no outdoor fires, no burning of trash, no open flames etc. If they'd try something like that in CA maybe it'd help a little.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck, here in Oklahoma a burn ban is issued by the government, no outdoor fires, no burning of trash, no open flames etc. If they'd try something like that in CA maybe it'd help a little.
Yep. Maybe even as much as their draconian gun laws.

FWIW, criminals don't obey those either.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom