CA Fires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read earlier that they may have been caused by two different powerline failures. Though right now all they have is two power companies that registered failures of some type close to the same time and place the fires started. I'll try to find a link.

*edit*

Ok, found the link I read it from. I know ya'll will groan at the source, but here is where I read it:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/12/us/california-wildfires-woolsey-camp-hill-missing/index.html

News reports this morning are saying the Santa Anna winds may have blown power lines into each other causing sparking which would account for the utility companies outages in the CNN reporting.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in Paradise for 15 years (78 to 93) and I saw a lot of fires,,,
This is the first one that I know of that actually climbed the canyon walls.

Paradise is on a mountain ridge with deep canyons on either side,,,
Every year we watched the fires burning south to north on the west canyon.

There were times when it looked like we were going to get hit,,,
But the fires always stayed in the canyon.

I saw in one picture yesterday, the burned out remnant of the church I was married in,,,
I am sad beyond measure that people I once knew have to go through this.

Aarond

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the wife and I were in Utah, we made a few trips down to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. To get to the North Rim, one has to drive across the Kaibab plateau, which is natural pine and other forest. The Forest Service there goes into that area in the Fall and starts clearing out undergrowth and some other trees and piling them up. Once the cooler Fall weather comes along, they do controlled burns with those piles, all to reduce the fuel in the event of a wildfire. I'd say it was good management in that area. It's too bad that liberal Californians can't understand the concept.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I would be referring to the ridiculous one he sent days before that, while Americans were literally running for their lives.
What did it say? Was it the one about the ridiculous policies of the liberal leftists?
The more than 100 million trees that died in California after being weakened by drought and insect infestations that have transformed large swaths of the Sierra Nevada into browned-out tree cemeteries? In some areas more than 90 percent of trees are dead along with the underbrush.
Would Trump have been referring to the bipartisan bill that passed the California legislature to clear those trees that moon beam Jerry Brown, the Governor vetoed last year because it was an affront to nature? That tweet?
Again, Trump tells the truth and you feel you must chastise him for it.
Just like CNN.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out there last week for work and they evacuated my hotel at 2:30 Friday morning. Pretty crazy stuff.

First picture is from my hotel Thursday evening, second is when they made us leave, third and fourth as we were leaving and the last is from Santa Monica looking back towards Malibu.

CDB1E5D4-3041-4FF8-B72E-0E8E9C1D5465.jpeg
B800FEB6-3352-4629-95F3-BA06A48C0BA4.jpeg
A28E5AC2-4662-4026-BE2E-9ECFF30578E2.jpeg
FC2C1915-A69A-4530-BF76-A2ED0F3ACC71.jpeg
2978CD60-2861-492F-8A12-FF7BB21857FF.jpeg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did it say? Was it the one about the ridiculous policies of the liberal leftists?
The more than 100 million trees that died in California after being weakened by drought and insect infestations that have transformed large swaths of the Sierra Nevada into browned-out tree cemeteries? In some areas more than 90 percent of trees are dead along with the underbrush.
Would Trump have been referring to the bipartisan bill that passed the California legislature to clear those trees that moon beam Jerry Brown, the Governor vetoed last year because it was an affront to nature? That tweet?
Again, Trump tells the truth and you feel you must chastise him for it.
Just like CNN.

There’s a time to tell the truth and a time to shut your pie hole for a couple days and help. Trump just can’t help but run his mouth and politicize a crisis, just like the Dems do with gun control.

Help first, and don’t take credit for helping. Then, when the crisis is over, say “let’s sit down and talk about why this happened and make sure it doesn’t happen again”. That’s what leaders do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom