Cabela's Coming to Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this true on sale of Cabelas would hate that love Cabelas prices are good sales good. I drive to AR. Couple times month but wont drive 30 min. BA for Bass Pro only thing I have found that is worth their price is life time socks.

I picked up a Sig P220 Carry Elite for $750 at the BA Bass Pro several years ago, the OKC store had an HK USP 40 for $599 so once in a while they have a really good deal. I agree though usually not going to find a deal there.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do people like cabelas so much? They are typically higher prices than local places and offer nothing more. Aren't big boxed stores supposed to be cheaper.

I am speaking of guns and ammo and accessories. KNow nothing about their other products to be fair.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do people like cabelas so much? They are typically higher prices than local places and offer nothing more. Aren't big boxed stores supposed to be cheaper.

I am speaking of guns and ammo and accessories. KNow nothing about their other products to be fair.

Their powder and primers is cheaper than any other retailer I've been to in okc. Also they have sales on ammo from time to time that's a good deal. Way better than bass pro shop imo. Idk about the guns. I can't believe people buy them from retailers. The prices are outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you mean retailers? Like stores?

I don't think their ammo is anything special. Every once in a while there can be a good sale but not impressed with cabelas. Wide variety of shooting supplies but their gun pricing stinks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shame. I was in the OKC Cabella's today.

I live in a smaller town served by only a Walmart with one tiny aisle of sporting goods about 20' long. I love going in there. Yeah, some of the prices are higher than online, but its there, and don't have to worry about shipping costs.

The new Cabella's Carnivore meat grinder I got after Christmas on close out didn't come with a coarse grind plate. They were $17 in the store, but in the bargain cave they had one in there for $12. Could not beat that on line.
Found some CorBon ammo for my .380 in there that I've been looking for and couldn't find even online.

Their .22LR was above Academy prices by .02 a round, so I let it set on the shelf. 100 round .45LC shell holder was same price as online places, so I got some things that were needed.
Their powder prices weren't terrible but the brass prices were.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to be on a path of making lots of new friends lately so I may as well be honest here and say Cabela's in OKC sucks..
I love the one that is just a few mins outside Fort Lewis in WA, but the one here just doesn't measure up. It's kind of like the neighborhood market version lol It's missing a second floor, but hey, at least it gave basspro a reason to lower their prices a bit.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to be on a path of making lots of new friends lately so I may as well be honest here and say Cabela's in OKC sucks..
I love the one that is just a few mins outside Fort Lewis in WA, but the one here just doesn't measure up. It's kind of like the neighborhood market version lol It's missing a second floor, but hey, at least it gave basspro a reason to lower their prices a bit.

I have been to that store in Washington and Ft Worth. Still haven't been to one in OKC yet and I live 30 miles away.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been to that store in Washington and Ft Worth. Still haven't been to one in OKC yet and I live 30 miles away.

Went today, bought some .22 ammo. Not a big store like in Washington, but it's OK...glad it's here!!!

Gun prices are like Bass Pro. SW Shield $419 or $449 w/holster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom