Cabela's Stock Lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s too bad that Bass Pro bought Cabela’s. Don’t get me wrong, I like Bass Pro but I preferred Cabela’s (online and brick store) for some unexplainable reason. Also, I think the competition was good for the consumer for both variety and price.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For 21 years I lived in Montana and it was 120 miles one way to the nearest stocking gun store. Up there it got real easy to open the computer and order what I needed from MidwayUSA, Graf&Sons or Buffalo Arms. Moved to OK and have found little reason to stop the practice. Picked up the phone to call around here for what i need with out much luck. So when I needed some .450 Adams reloading dies last week, I just opened my computer ordered them from Buffalo Arms and they were here Monday.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The employees at cabelas aren’t happy either. I’ve talked to a couple and they said the hunting/reloading area shrunk by a 1/3 and the fishing increased by 1/3.
There was a xbow that was getting good reviews and one of the guys working in the archery area said there were 243 in the wharehouse but most of them were being sent to BP. His thought was they were purposely trying to direct customers to BP

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe Scheels will see it as an opportunity to build a location here. Their hunting and firearms sections make Cabela’s and Bass Pro look like a Academy.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BPS buying Cabela's was not a good thing for the consumer. While Cabela's was high on price just like BPS I think their service and selection was superior to BPS.

I drove to Cabela's every time I was in the Metro area, now I don't bother. Cabela's went down hill when BP bought them, and BP was not such a good store before they acquire Cabela's. I try to buy all my reloading supplies from GENE, the only down side is that he is close on the weekends. Cabela's brand was/or is much better quality than BP brand.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like they are already starting to convert Cabela's to Bass Pro

https://talkbusiness.net/2018/08/ba...nage-at-cabelas-renovation-project-in-rogers/

The renovation will bring those brands together under one roof of a rebranded retail center called Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World,

Cabelas-Bass-Pro-Shop-Rogers-732x384.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom