Cabin air filters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So, I’ve been wanting to do the cabin filter in my 06 Silverado for a while. I YouTube some vids and take the cover off the bottom of the dash to see if I have the one with the clip off door or the one that has to be cut off. I have the one that has to be cut off and retro fitted with a new or different cover. I cut it out today and NO filters! WTH?
I just helped a buddy do his 01 Tahoe yesterday. It had the clip off door and nasty filters in it. My truck is 5 years newer! No door, no filters. Again, WTH?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought they quit putting them in at 03 because people weren't changing them and they clog up then air pressure is severely decreased. My 02 had one my 05 didn't. Honestly if you had one in there for 15 years with out changing it. It would be clogged solid and no air movement or the smell would probably run you out of the truck.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they quit putting them in at 03 because people weren't changing them and they clog up then air pressure is severely decreased. My 02 had one my 05 didn't. Honestly if you had one in there for 15 years with out changing it. It would be clogged solid and no air movement or the smell would probably run you out of the truck.
The one we pulled out of the 01 Tahoe yesterday was clogged bad but the A/C was still blowing ok. Pulled one out of a 2014 Dodge Journey a couple weeks ago that doubled the air output.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I changed the CAF on my '16 F150 recently, it was nasty after only 4 years and 50K miles. Didn't make any noticeable difference in airflow though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom