Cable Damascus folder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan308

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the Texas Blade show a few weeks ago. I showed my folders to Johnny Stout who is one of the top knife makers in the country. He looked them over and opened and closed them many times. He looked up and said he was impressed. Man I just couldn't believe that a guy who I aspire to be half as good as was impressed with my work! I asked him what I could do to make them better, he said it looked like I already knew and to just keep making them. Later I stopped by Spencer Aplin and Jordan Berthelot's booth. They said they had heard about the Walrus folder I made. A crowd gathered and soon they were asking me questions about knife making. Standing next to me was Robert Corey Scott the owner of Bulldog Damascus. He makes incredibly cool billets. He wanted me to make a folder to show off his damascus. Man I walked around with my head in the clouds for the rest of the weekend.

Here's some Cable damascus over 80crv2 with a 15n20 shim. This is a pretty cool flipper and smooth as butter

oMxRlbc.jpg

F4nAN8Q.jpg

Mwd1SX0.jpg

TkyAUIz.jpg

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations to you my friend. Man, what a day for you!!!! I love the pictures of your cool folder. Keep us posted on your new creations.

vickylblake73

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the Texas Blade show a few weeks ago. I showed my folders to Johnny Stout who is one of the top knife makers in the country. He looked them over and opened and closed them many times. He looked up and said he was impressed. Man I just couldn't believe that a guy who I aspire to be half as good as was impressed with my work! I asked him what I could do to make them better, he said it looked like I already knew and to just keep making them. Later I stopped by Spencer Aplin and Jordan Berthelot's booth. They said they had heard about the Walrus folder I made. A crowd gathered and soon they were asking me questions about knife making. Standing next to me was Robert Corey Scott the owner of Bulldog Damascus. He makes incredibly cool billets. He wanted me to make a folder to show off his damascus. Man I walked around with my head in the clouds for the rest of the weekend.

Here's some Cable damascus over 80crv2 with a 15n20 shim. This is a pretty cool flipper and smooth as butter

oMxRlbc.jpg

F4nAN8Q.jpg

Mwd1SX0.jpg

TkyAUIz.jpg
Cool looking craftsmanship. Keep it up. You can sell your creation's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom