Calamity Arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody do business with these folks? Custom Gunsmithing, in South Yukon. Looking for info or references on their work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Google has a very little on them! In business 5 years. Found 1 review. website shows some nice paint work and builds but not a lot of custom work.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have spoke to them. I was referred to them by some local guys in the business that themselves do work second to none. They stay booked out about 2 months if I remember correctly.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have spoke to them. I was referred to them by some local guys in the business that themselves do work second to none. They stay booked out about 2 months if I remember correctly.

Seems like from what I have heard that a lot of their business is doing ceracote. Any info on that?

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like thats what they mostly like to do. Or what they do. I talked to him about tig welding a bolt handle on my 243 and he said he could do that so I guess he does a little bit of everything. From the pics Ive seen of his paint work, he does pretty good work. I like his style. But I have never seen anything in person. Are you looking to get one of yours painted?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like thats what they mostly like to do. Or what they do. I talked to him about tig welding a bolt handle on my 243 and he said he could do that so I guess he does a little bit of everything. From the pics Ive seen of his paint work, he does pretty good work. I like his style. But I have never seen anything in person. Are you looking to get one of yours painted?

I think so. It's my Ruger SR1911 LW Commander. I am thinking of doing the frame in a darker gray or a graphite maybe. Not sure, any ideas or thoughts will be appreciated. Here's some pics; I wish they had done a darker finish on either the frame or slide from the factory. As you can see, the frame is just a little darker than the slide, I think it would look better if it were darker, like more of a contrast.
6d5fe306ab93decca14d9e899657692e.jpg
9d47829d4c39bb3905be7bb0aa4ab42f.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom