Cale Gundy resigns..... because he read a word off a player's iPad??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Boren was president when you were there, I can't see how it wasn't. Maybe you're older than that though lol. As a student in the early 2000s, I could see how mis-managed the place was when Boren was there. Spending money like it was going out of style, then telling the Regents that higher ed was under-funded. When the frat had the black-face incident a few years ago, literally overnight he created a "VP of Diversity and Inclusion" that paid 6 figures. How do you just find the funding for a position like that out of thin air? Oh right, because you're a politician and government money isn't real anyway.

Oh I'm sure it got "progressively" worse in the past 5-10 years. I remember the SAE incident that was fairly recent, I'm with you there. I was there in 95-97 but then went back to finish what I started in 2002-2005. As much as it pains me to say this, Boren did a lot of good things during my time with regards to getting funding for education. That tapered off quite a bit, completely agree. However, my point is that many institutions seem to be heading this direction.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he is taking a stand against the use of the words by players and young folks in general.

It seems to me that young people continue to use the word with impunity and without remorse until it fits their agenda of showing someone what's up. By "What up" I mean, certain people will get away with using words of their own history and determination but how dare someone else say MY words.

That is like 2 boys dancing together but in other words, right? See, I did it here as well. Do I care if 2 boys stick their dance moves in each other, I absolutely do not but if you only use the words you chose in my response to focus on, you could claim I am a homophobe, couldn't you?

I think I spelled bigot right up there in that last sentence, what is a two-way bigot called? One that hates themselves and others?

As for being embarassed about graduating from OU with your degree, I will pass the word along to all of my buddies flying the friendly skies that you are a troubled graduate and to not bother hooking a brother up, come on man, you don't need the help you are a pilot, right?

Good luck with that bs.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for being embarassed about graduating from OU with your degree, I will pass the word along to all of my buddies flying the friendly skies that you are a troubled graduate and to not bother hooking a brother up, come on man, you don't need the help you are a pilot, right?

Good luck with that bs.

1. I never said I was embarrassed. The school is a bastion of woke ideology filled with left-leaning academics and administrators who are turning out people who can contribute nothing meaningful to society.
2. I don't know what you mean by "troubled". I don't like OU's politics. If that's troubled, that applies to everyone on this forum in some capacity. OU had a president (Gallogly) who tried to clean the place up and was run out of office in less than a year.
3. I don't need a school's brand to help me in life. Lots of pilots don't even have a college degree. Therefore, my statement that no one cares what school you graduated from.

Man, some of you people seriously need to get a grip and judge a school by more than how good their athletics department is.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU head football coach Brent Venables issued a second statement on the resignation of assistant football coach and former Sooner quarterback Cale Gundy.

Vanables issued a statement Monday

“As painful as it has been dealing with Coach Gundy resigning from the program, it doesn’t touch the experience of pain felt by a room full of young men I am charged to protect, lead and love. There are a few things I would like to address. Coach Gundy resigned from the program because he knows what he did was wrong. He chose to read aloud to his players, not once but multiple times, a racially charged word that is objectionable to everyone, and does not reflect the attitude and values of our university or our football program. This is not acceptable. Period. Coach Gundy did the right thing in resigning. He knows our goals for excellence and that coaches have special responsibilities to set an example. He also knows that, while he will always be a part of the OU family, that his words affected many of us and did not represent the principles of our university. Again, his resignation was the right thing to do, and we will move forward positively.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom