Cale Gundy resigns..... because he read a word off a player's iPad??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad damn deal, no matter how you slice it.

He’s not gonna be broke, but to have your career taken away for something like this is a pretty bad deal.

If I was the head coach, and I ain’t, the word would be forever verboten within the program. If you’re gonna cost a coach his job over reading it, you’re going to be out of the program if I catch you saying it. Try me one f’n time.

I’m not the head coach. My opinion means bubkis.

GD entitled little pricks. I’d run them until their ankles smoked.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boomer!

Also OU staff from 2007-2010 on contract at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center. That’s the FAA for you “fancy” holes.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What we do not know and will always be speculated about is Coach Gundy’s tone while repeating the word.

Was he Boomhower?
Was he Satan?

Or was he singing a song and got carried away. Loaded questions for those in the know.

I worked for OU and it was absolutely wonderful. I admit I was at the FAA tending to a long standing OU contract so my life was ultra secure, until Raytheon walked by a booth at the state fair and won the next 5 year contract while walking in the front door of the fair! They treated it bad, ruined the benefits and convinced me that the University of Oklahoma was one of the best employers in my world. I’ve only had 3 jobs in my life Active Duty Navy/OU/Navy Civilian. I don’t know much about how business run so I’m sure I am going to get schooled on how bad life has been for me.

It’s crazy that use of the the words that cause so much pain are still volleyed like a warm hug from grandma from some.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saying something once while reading someone else’s iPad is one thing, repeating it over and over is another. At best he completely fails at situational awareness. I wasn’t there so don’t have full context, as such, no idea if he should have resigned or been fired. Either way it would have been a far bigger distraction had he stayed.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Saying something once while reading someone else’s iPad is one thing, repeating it over and over is another. At best he completely fails at situational awareness. I wasn’t there so don’t have full context, as such, no idea if he should have resigned or been fired. Either way it would have been a far bigger distraction had he stayed.
I’d still to know who wrote it and why is it such a secret as to what the word was. Is the word so scary that a university has purged it from the English language?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d still to know who wrote it and why is it such a secret as to what the word was. Is the word so scary that a university has purged it from the English language?
Dean Blevins referred to the word as the "N" word a couple of times on News 9 last night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom