Cale Gundy resigns..... because he read a word off a player's iPad??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Since no one here knows exactly what happened, and what pressures were placed on who, our comments are comical.
The same could be said for most posts on most forums. Apparently the “N” word was read aloud several times. Someone brought it to the attention of the higher ups and a white man’s career was destroyed by reading a word that blacks use with each other on a frequent basis. Typical wokeness and continued pandering to blacks by OU.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I’d like to know is why this whole stupid incident ever even had to go public and cost a long-time tenured coach his job. OU really couldn’t do anything to keep this all under wraps without the media getting ahold of it? Or was the incident being streamed live on social media at the time? Seems to me like this never even had to be a thing, much less something that we’re currently discussing on our humble little firearms forum we have here on the interweb.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
long-time tenured coach his job
FWIW, he wasn't tenured. That only applies to faculty at OU. Staff at OU are at-will employees, with the exception of a few highly-placed employees who are under contract. Some coaches are under contract, but I don't know if Gundy was one of them (at his pay, I'd guess he was, though).

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's only "shameful" that a man's life was turned upside down because he said a word out loud that many of his players say every single day, many times during the day. But he doesn't get a pass because his skin isn't the right color.

I, too, am sick and tired of the double standards. Rules for one set of people and not another.
Almost the definition of racism

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my…. words have different meaning coming from different people. If I called your familiy members some of the same thing you call them.. You would want to fight me. The context matters and always has. If you said things to my father or I that we say to each other, the fight would be on.
You fight over words?

Latest posts

Top Bottom