Cale Gundy resigns..... because he read a word off a player's iPad??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand zero tolerance policies and can get behind them to a point. I don’t think the story is being reported in it’s true context. My theory:
Kid was on his iPad when he should be paying attention to Gundy. In frustration,gundy takes the iPad and says ‘let’s see what’s more important that what I have to say’. Gundy proceeds to read aloud the text,email,Twitter,Instagram,Facebook etc.
Like I said, just a theory. But, I need to know the extent of what happened.
same

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what the result would be if the team were asked to vote on the issue? It seems they were the ones most offended - right?
It’s not even about that really. I’m sure that most of them think the whole thing is stupid. This is more about the university trying to show the nation that they’re PC by making an example out of Gundy. It’s like they’re trying to earn brownie points in the court of public opinion.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand zero tolerance policies and can get behind them to a point. I don’t think the story is being reported in it’s true context. My theory:
Kid was on his iPad when he should be paying attention to Gundy. In frustration,gundy takes the iPad and says ‘let’s see what’s more important that what I have to say’. Gundy proceeds to read aloud the text,email,Twitter,Instagram,Facebook etc.
Like I said, just a theory. But, I need to know the extent of what happened.
This is the exact scenario that I’m picturing in my head too.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Zero tolerance should apply to the players as well. If that word is used by anyone of any color, the punishment should be the same.
Yep. Wouldn’t take 5 min in the locker room or housing to hear blacks calling each other MFN. That’s ok though. It’s a culture thing I’m told……..

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It’s not even about that really. I’m sure that most of them think the whole thing is stupid. This is more about the university trying to show the nation that they’re PC by making an example out of Gundy. It’s like they’re trying to earn brownie points in the court of public opinion.
Got to recruit blacks for the future and wouldn’t want to offend them.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Jr yr in HS, our coach was a retired Army DI.

At practice, there was a guy goofing, Coach slipped up behind and Gibb's slapped him, knocking him to the ground, "quit acting like a GDN and get serious."

He got up and got serious. Anyone who laughed or spoke out, ran laps for an hour.

'74 was a bit different.

Gundy should keep his job. The player should be riding splinters for a couple games.

Latest posts

Top Bottom