California’s War on Guns Broadens to a War on Ammunition Beginning January 1, 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An old Gentleman (Mechanical Engineer that worked in the Aerospace Industry) who was my friend for 30+ yrs told me that he believed it would someday be illegal to own Machine Tools or Stock Materials without a special license as these things could be used for the fabrication of weapons. He also thought it would someday be illegal to repair your own vehicles. He said these controls would become laws in the interests of public safety. He passed on several years ago. He was a Blacksmith before he got an education. I don’t know, but.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't ban the gun, but the ammo is up for grabs.
Some of the european countries tax ammo so high that the commoner can't afford it.
Commifornika is so desperate for tax money they will tax anything they can to make another buck.
It doesn't specify reloaders that I could see in the report, but I'm sure that once they realize that mistake, they will be all over taxing the components.
I would be stocking up on components right now and looking for a way to get the hell out of that place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An old Gentleman (Mechanical Engineer that worked in the Aerospace Industry) who was my friend for 30+ yrs told me that he believed it would someday be illegal to own Machine Tools or Stock Materials without a special license as these things could be used for the fabrication of weapons. He also thought it would someday be illegal to repair your own vehicles. He said these controls would become laws in the interests of public safety. He passed on several years ago. He was a Blacksmith before he got an education. I don’t know, but.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't doubt that a bit. Anything to make a buck to support the illegal immigration.
They will collapse in the end and expect us to bail them out.
We will, and they will continue on their path.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scary... but (sadly) not beyond the realm of the current mentality in the US. :/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't ban the gun, but the ammo is up for grabs.
Some of the european countries tax ammo so high that the commoner can't afford it.
Commifornika is so desperate for tax money they will tax anything they can to make another buck.
It doesn't specify reloaders that I could see in the report, but I'm sure that once they realize that mistake, they will be all over taxing the components.

Kimofornia is also looking at taxing motorist by the mile instead of a gas tax per gallon. Too many fuel efficient and electric cars are costing the state in gas taxes. Typical liberal thinking...outlaw something (or encourage conservation purchases) for one reason and the suddenly realize it is costing the state in taxes. However, I'm thinking I remember that Oregon and/or Washington state were looking at taxing by the mile as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimofornia is also looking at taxing motorist by the mile instead of a gas tax per gallon. Too many fuel efficient and electric cars are costing the state in gas taxes. Typical liberal thinking...outlaw something (or encourage conservation purchases) for one reason and the suddenly realize it is costing the state in taxes. However, I'm thinking I remember that Oregon and/or Washington state were looking at taxing by the mile as well.
When your entire government is focused on socialization of the population where the government pays your wages/handouts, and free market enterprise is suppressed you have to tax everything that is good for you. It just doesn't work any other way.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes there is

Quite right. Ammo is as much part of an arm as is a trigger or a barrel, or a slide, or a magazine, etc., etc., etc.

With all the talk in California about secession from the Union, they'll need to effectively disarm the people to avoid an uprising in opposition to secession and/or the institution of a dictatorship. It is not about safety - except for the safety of those in power.

Your analysis may differ from mine.

Woody

"We the People reserve the right and the power to preserve or restore freedom and the Constitution. Those vested with the powers to serve shall neither deprive The People the means, nor compel such recourse." B.E. Wood

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas is way out in front on that BS idea; such simple things as filter funnels and Erlenmeyer flasks are now regulated in the name of the War on Civil Liberties Drugs. For reference:

Erlenmeyer flask
Erlenmeyer flask.jpg

Filter funnel
Filter funnel.jpg

(Note: you can also use an ordinary funnel for the same purpose, using conical filter paper from the coffee aisle of the grocery instead of flat filter paper discs.)

Source (official Texas DPS site, not some whackadoodle conspiracy site): https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/Precursor/Laws/index.htm

Also note that, if you follow some of the links to the Administrative Code, etc. you'll see regulations regarding inventory, recordkeeping, state inspections, etc.

That chemistry set you got as a kid? Not legal in Texas; somebody might learn something, and we can't be having that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom