California Asks Residents to Avoid Charging Electric Cars Amid Power Grid Strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how many electric cars there are in CA but charging one car doesn't take that much juice.
Everyone and their kale only diet friends have a Tesla these days.

According to the California New Car Dealers Association, some 53,261 plug-in vehicles were sold in the Golden State in the first quarter of 2021, representing 10.8% of the total auto market.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I know right? It's kind of like that other Blue state of Texas --- they keep asking them to die in the cold, and heat stroke the summer and not use AC, but they keep electing their blue dogs to be in charge of the state!

.... oh.....wait, my bad, I thought they were Blue. Turns out that all states can be stupid. Ours can be stupid too even --- just look at the driver's license thread going on.
You know absolutely nothing about the technical root causes of the Tx freeze relative to the power industry there vs the commifornika debacle that is ongoing year after year.
Part of the root cause is the mass migrations from blue states to red states to escape the oppressive regulations in the blue state and instilling those same regulations onto the states they escaped to. The ignorance of that continues to amaze me.
The physical technicalities of the Tx freeze still remain foreign to blue minds though.

Last edited:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know absolutely nothing about the technical root causes of the Tx freeze relative to the power industry there vs the commifornika debacle that is ongoing year after year.
Part of the root cause is the mass migrations from blue states to red states to escape the oppressive regulations in the blue state and instilling those same regulations onto the states they escaped to. The ignorance of that continues to amaze me.
The physical technicalities of the Tx freeze still remain foreign to blue minds though.
You totally got me again there buddy. I literally pray to Jesus and ERCOT every night thanking them for having someone like you around to help me though.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
joseph-conrad.jpg

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Most of the root cause is the morons that run ercot and the state of Texas Public Utility Commission. And the other root cause is that the idiot citizens in Texas let them get away with doing a lousy job of power planning and execution.

I've written the governor several times now and gotten zero response as to what is being done to make sure this never happens again.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took me 4 months to get a response to my email from OUR governor's office about some COVID policies - and their response was to contact the Department of Health - which is who I was complaining about.

Yay for politics.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Took me 4 months to get a response to my email from OUR governor's office about some COVID policies - and their response was to contact the Department of Health - which is who I was complaining about.

Yay for politics.
I figure I'll get something similar, but I'll keep sending them e-mails and after a couple of more, I'll be picking up the phone !

Latest posts

Top Bottom