California Turn-Around???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Republican has won the special election for the 25th Congressional district in California. The Democrat finally conceded today.

Republican Mike Garcia Retakes Katie Hill's California Congressional Seat

This is the part of the story that I liked:

"Democrat Christy Smith conceded the special election race for California's 25th Congressional District to Republican Mike Garcia on Wednesday, marking the first time Republicans will retake a Democratic-held congressional seat in the state since 1998 -- and, Republicans said, indicating that enthusiasm for President Trump is strong heading into the 2020 elections."

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. They let this one be lost because they have tricks up their sleeve for November. Their goal is to oust Trump at the cost of other politics.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a positive. However, this was a special election that will again happen in November with these same two in the race. Not sure how much it was the case but tends to happen a lot in CA, and that is the district Garcia won in is heavily Hispanic and he is, well, Mexican. His opponent was a white woman, so there's that. I do hope it is a positive trend though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a positive. However, this was a special election that will again happen in November with these same two in the race. Not sure how much it was the case but tends to happen a lot in CA, and that is the district Garcia won in is heavily Hispanic and he is, well, Mexican. His opponent was a white woman, so there's that. I do hope it is a positive trend though.
Do you think his opposition to the extended quarentine vs the opposition wanting to extend it might have had an effect on the outcome?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a seat the Rs held until 2018, in a heavily majority R district.

It was also a special election, which are traditionally thinly voted.

Don't read too much into this.

Yeah, after reading up on this last week, apparently the D didn't fight very hard for the win. Will probably be different in Nov. Hopefully the guy can hang onto the seat, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I kinda feel the tide turning a little bit, but I live in OK. It's a pretty loud echo chamber in here. I do have a couple of moderate dem friends, and they have serious issues with most of the dem's far left positions, enough so that they might not vote. I don't think they'd ever check the box next to Trump's name, but I think they might stay home, which is sort of a victory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom