Call of Duty crowd experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I figure a few of you could share a few similar stories...

Buddies nephew came to visit him, my buddy and I both big gun guys. His nephew (who was of driving age mind you) kept saying "yeah I've shot that in Call of Duty!" when we were talking guns and such. Ok, he's interested...so we took him to the range. He shot a few random guns including an AR then proclaimed how his favorite gun from the game and dream gun was the M14. Well kid, today is your lucky day as I have something pretty similar...my M1A. I pulled it out, loaded a mag and he was afraid to shoot it. I assured him it doesnt recoil bad, but he was just afraid of the thing even though it was his "favorite rifle".
I thought it was odd but didnt press it...if he dont wanna shoot he dont wanna shoot, but I can assure you when I got the opportunity to shoot my dream gun, I took advantage of it.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son loves to play COD, but also loves to shoot real guns. When kids get experience with both, it helps them know the difference between real-life and games; and that there's nothing wrong with games, but that they don't represent reality (well, games like COD, anyway).

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was kind of my thought. You play the games, see the guns there...now really EXPERIENCE one. He wanted nothing to do with it. I guess it was too big or something.

I finally went to a machine gun shoot last year and got to shoot my two dream guns...a legit M14 and a M1918. Come to find out, I only like a full auto M14 on paper...and like the M1918 WAY more than I thought I ever would.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My son a Sophomore at OSU now was exactly like that in 2012. He played COD and was really good at it, got an AR for his birthday and loved it, then I purchased a SCAR Heavy his favorite gun in COD and he refused to even try it. Guess the game must depict that weapon as pure evil lol. Now he just takes it out back to the range and blasts away with it, funny the difference a few years makes.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son pays COD and whatever the WWI game is these days he has shot as many of them as he can not recoil shy buy then again he was shooting a 20 GA franchi 48al at eight so he was way into guns before cod

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's too bad he missed a cool opportunity like that. The first time I ever shot an M1, I got a 12" gong at 200 yards with iron sights on my first shot. Put a smile on my face and I cleared the clip hearing dings all the way to the twang.

Latest posts

Top Bottom