Calling All 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1977 Colt 70 series 45 custom built by Steve Owens
NHTJiGS.jpg

Love the grip safety as well. I know that Steve hasn't been in the business that long, but he puts out some outstanding work.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the grip safety as well. I know that Steve hasn't been in the business that long, but he puts out some outstanding work.
I’m fairly sure this was the first complete build he ever did, and the grip safety was my design that Steve custom shaped. He’s d*mn good at what he does, and I’m talking to him about doing another one for me.

pbcaster45

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A S&W PC1911 and Springfield Armory Trophy Match. The S&W is pretty much stock except for the V-Z Grips. On the Trophy Match I removed the ILS and installed a 20 lb mainspring along with new mainspring cap & mainspring housing pin. Titanium firing pin replaced with Ed Brown Stainless Steel .38 Super Firing Pin. Sear and hammer spring replaced with Cylinder & Slide Sear Spring. Trigger reduced from 5 lbs 12 oz to 4.5 lbs. Slide sent to Springer Precision and they applied Graphite Black CeraKote and replaced front sight with a Dawson .225” Tall x .100" Wide Patridge Serrated Front Sight.

IMG-1044-Copy.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom