Calling all flashlight nerds...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanna build a light and I didn't wanna ask this question over at the CPF website, because those guys are intense about their torches! :yikes2:

Anyway...

I'm thinking about buying a 4Sevens Preon 1 light, but I wanna do a black body with the Titanium head and clicky tailcap. It's gonna run me about 55 bucks over just $37 for a plain ol' black one.

My question is...

Is it worth damn near 20 bucks more for the titanium head and tailcap over just plain ol' black? I was thinking it might match up with my Leatherman Juice S2 in storm gray that Mrs GED bought me for Christmas, but I really don't want the whole light to be titanium.

Does that make sense? :screwy:

Basically, it'll look like this, only shorter (single AAA battery).

www.4sevens.com_images_p2_sti_b.jpg

Anyway...lemme hear your thoughts and comments please. :sunbath:

A

ArmedCivy

Value is in the eye of the beholder. I love my preon 2. I actually ended up buying a flat tail cap because it would turn on in my pocket and run the bats down. I miss the ease of a clicky but it's been worth it to keep the batteries alive longer. And hey what's $20 bucks in the long run if you have what you like. I've spent more than $20 on less worthy things in my life.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Value is in the eye of the beholder. I love my preon 2. I actually ended up buying a flat tail cap because it would turn on in my pocket and run the bats down. I miss the ease of a clicky but it's been worth it to keep the batteries alive longer. And hey what's $20 bucks in the long run if you have what you like. I've spent more than $20 on less worthy things in my life.

For what it's worth, this light will be carried in a Maxpedition 3x5 notebook cover, so the risk of the button getting inadvertantly pushed are pretty slim.

I plan on buying a Blue Preon 1 with the standard tailcap for my pocket light, attached to my Blue Leatherman Squirt PS4 that my daughter bought me for Christmas. :thumb:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is it worth damn near 20 bucks more for the titanium head and tailcap over just plain ol' black? I was thinking it might match up with my Leatherman Juice S2 in storm gray that Mrs GED bought me for Christmas, but I really don't want the whole light to be titanium.

Not to me but it's obviously something you want so do it.It's only $20 buddy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom