Calm before the Chaos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone. Just had the kids and grandkid over, y’all have a great Christmas!
ECHO THAT MERRY CHRISTMAS.
we'll gather at the daughter and sil place. The daughter is a awesome hostess and darn good cook. I always leave there moaning about how much I ate. They'll be 4 generations and I'm the oldest child. Well I'm always the 1st one in trouble .😁
It's an inherited issue I'll blame my father for.🤣 Ho Ho Ho.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the ham n turkey sliders out of the oven and head towards my in laws gathering...my wife and her 3 siblings+spouses, plus the collective 10 (grand)kids, one spouse with them, mother in law, and whomever else shows up...at least we all get along for the most part! Merry Christmas to everyone here!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That is my best memories of Christmases past. From the time I was old enough to remember until I was about 20yo, everyone gathered at my grandparents on my mom's side, usually about 25 of us total. Food, folks and gifts galore. Eventually everyone got older and either moved too far away, passed away, or new traditions started with their own families. I hate it my own kids weren't old enough to remember it like I did when it was during its full "spectacular Christmas fun at the grandparent's house". The 70's and 80's were a great time to be a kid lol.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you

Attachments

• EA19DE18-2724-454C-BD9A-BC992E7FFBC0.jpeg
    EA19DE18-2724-454C-BD9A-BC992E7FFBC0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope all of y’all have the merriest Christmas of all !! I’ll be sitting alone this year since the little lady had to go back down to Houston for a bit, BUT…. In three weeks I’ll fly down there and we will go on the cruise I got her for Christmas !! She’s never been and hope she enjoys it as much as I have enjoyed the ones I went on !!
Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread the 80’s were the best times for Christmas !

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did Christmas with my parents and brothers on Thursday and then let our girls and their men open some gifts that evening. We just got back a little bit ago from Christmas Eve services and will head to my SIL's tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas!

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fond memories a bit further back - 60's - with huge family gatherings at my maternal grandmothers house. Mom had 9 brother and sisters so we had enough cousins to play football with full teams. Now I enjoy the magic of Christmas watching the grands excitement with each present they open. As we all age, many family members we celebrated with are no longer with us. Cherish the moments even in the midst of the madness. Merry Christmas,

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I’m sitting here in east TX, I’m remembering the Christmases of my childhood which always included a trip to Enid to see Grandparents and bird hunting around Jet. I concur with those that said growing up in the 70’s and 80’s was the best.
My youngest son isn’t making it home due to work, but my oldest son got here this afternoon. My daughter’s chuckle head boyfriend has been out here this evening, and we’ve all been eating chili and watching Rush Hour on Netflix. We’re supposed to go to my Mother’s for a fish fry tomorrow, but my brother called this afternoon to tell me she‘s not feeling well. He and I are going to revisit the situation in the morning and decide what we’re going to do. I may end up frying fish at my house just for my family.

I’d like to wish a Merry Christmas to my friends on OSA!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom