Calm before the Chaos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is my best memories of Christmases past. From the time I was old enough to remember until I was about 20yo, everyone gathered at my grandparents on my mom's side, usually about 25 of us total. Food, folks and gifts galore. Eventually everyone got older and either moved too far away, passed away, or new traditions started with their own families. I hate it my own kids weren't old enough to remember it like I did when it was during its full "spectacular Christmas fun at the grandparent's house". The 70's and 80's were a great time to be a kid lol.
It’s true that everyone seems to go their own way and things change. That’s life I guess

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had the big family gathering last weekend, just gonna be going over to her moms house today for games and lunch. We'll exchange a few things today, she's getting a new sectional, some boots, and new floors in the house. not the most exciting gifts this year for her, I have mixed feelings about it. We do always load up the stockings though. I consider this the calm before the storm as well, but in a bigger picture kinda way. next year we'll likely have a kid around or at least on the way, and here in a few years I'll be up to my ears in buying gifts and if the kids end up being anything like me, dealing with them "trying to be quiet" at 4am christmas morning. I really look forward to that. But for now, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.
Sensible gifts are appreciated as much or more than others

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The chaos is over. But, had to post. Great-granddaughter loves to rock. Just beginning to to try and walk. Had her rocking chair under the tree. She seen it and was squealing. Sat in it for over an hour, just rocking and giggling.

Attachments

• 20221225_145806.jpg
    20221225_145806.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221225_153951.jpg
    20221225_153951.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The chaos is over. But, had to post. Great-granddaughter loves to rock. Just beginning to to try and walk. Had her rocking chair under the tree. She seen it and was squealing. Sat in it for over an hour, just rocking and giggling.
Pup looks a little jealous there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom